My Fellow Americans...It is time for term limits and age limits in the House, the Senate, and the White House

It’s next to impossible to amend the US Constitution, but this issue might just have a chance.

We have a large insurance conglomerate near my hometown in northeast Pennsylvania. My uncle was Chairman, CEO and President of it for numerous years. A former CEO and President sat on the board for many years and was in his 90’s. The smell of him was horrible because he was wearing adult diapers and he would frequently dose off. When he finally died, they almost immediately age limited the Board of Directors to age 70.

No. People should be able to vote for who they want to vote for.

4 Likes

In the cases of Brandon and Fetterman i think brain wave tests are in order too.

Heh. I won’t be alive to see it.

Here is the thread where I introduced and talked about my judiciary proposal.

We need term limits on bureaucrats like Fauci. Guys like him make federal agencies little kingdoms.

Term limits on politicians made Cal worse. At least we could negotiate with Willie Brown back in the day. Now all cal politicians are there just to punch the ticket and move up.

1 Like

Huh. That’s an interesting PoV I hadn’t considered

I suppose that the federal level is the end of the line, though.

1 Like

Nah. Leave it to the voters.

I.e. if voters feel like someone is too old or overstayed their welcome, they’ll vote them out.

Also, let’s get rid of the requirement that President must be a natural-born citizen.

2 Likes

On this my friend I’m afraid we disagree.

Congress is one of the most disliked entities in the country….yet once they get elected it’s next to impossible to root them out. I see no problem with these folks going into office knowing they aren’t there for life.

But it’s doable. More so in the swing districts, of course - but even in the safe districts they can be primaried.

Even those that are somewhat influential and powerful, can be outed. Case in point, Eric Cantor.

The voters just have to care.

There is no question that term limits should be implemented to help stop the corruption among our politicians. Now…here’s the problem…it’s the corrupt politicians that have to vote it in.

1 Like

term limits, age limits, intelligence requirements…

if they can get their name on the ballot, good for them

if there enough voters to support them, that’s democracy

1 Like

We don’t need more laws and government intervention to end government corruption. That’s our job at the ballot box.

1 Like

Yep. Unless the citizens can manage to get a Constitutional Amendment ratified without involving Congress, there will never be term limits on Congress whether they are corrupt or not. Discussions like this are really nothing more than chest thumping bitch sessions.

I don’t disagree guys…

But until we the people start having a bunch of chest thumping bitch sessions and doing so loudly and proudly …

Nothing will change.

Imho our House and Senate is loaded up with corrupt bastards like Joe Biden who live their lives to feather their own nests at our expense.

But those corrupt bastards still supposedly work for us.

1 Like

Don’t forget the “too old to serve” portion of your bitch session.

By all reports, Feinstein is absolutely unfit to sit in the Senate. Strom Thurmond was another.

The key words there … the bottom line, if you prefer … are “nothing will change.” It is an almost universal characteristic that the people think all the Congressmen are corrupt and useless … except for the ones representing them. In other words, we vote our guy in over and over while complaining about the rest of them.

I have been listening to this term limit thing for at least 60 years. There is no indication or reason to believe that it will ever happen.

1 Like

You’re probably right Samm you usually are….

And of course I know nothing we say here will change anything….

I just know that the disgusting left has caused so many things to happen in America that we never thought would happen…

Why not push for term limits?

We get the government we deserve and allow to happen. Good lord look at the destruction one senile corrupt old man is causing…

I just don’t see anything improving until we stop just sending the same people to the House and Senate over and over again.

Completely agree, six years is too long.