My County in PA is full of Moron Voters

Rampant turnover hangs at the heart of the crisis, which began Jan. 2 — the day Bridget Whitley, a Democrat who was elected last November, formally took office and brought in a new first deputy, Cole Goodman.

Since then, seven veterans including the former first deputy with years of experience have left their positions, leaving a less-experienced complement of nine employees out of 16 budgeted positions.

The office previously had been under Republican leadership: Dale Klein for 12 years and Patti Sites as acting clerk from 2022 to 2024.

But the office’s problems have escalated since then, prompting Evans to order an evidentiary hearing on April 1 to determine what’s failing and how to get operations back on track.

It also revealed the office hasn’t filed Superior Court appeals that were due months ago, and employees are concerned Whitley and Goodman don’t know how to do their jobs and therefore can’t help the staff perform.

People stuck in jail, motions not getting filed, cases not starting when they’re supposed to.

We get what we deserve.

4 Likes

Ok cool.

Yeah, it’d only be a story if it was Republican incompetence.

3 Likes

ordering that staff from across the courthouse would volunteer

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:t4:

1 Like

Troll

3 Likes

As you can see, it’s no big (D)eal. :wink:

1 Like

Why did all those people up and quit?

Because it’s an option.

I wasn’t asking you I was asking the person who lives there thanks anyway.

HISS! :rofl:

6 Likes

Well… Felicia, I answered.

1 Like

cat fight

3 Likes

That’s critically negligent. They should be tribunalad out of office.

1 Like

Clerk of Courts, Bridget Whitley, Democrat
Controller, Mary Bateman, Republican
Coroner, Graham Hetrick, Republican
District Attorney, Fran Chardo, Republican
Prothonotary, Matt Krupp, Republican
Recorder of Deeds, Jim Zugay, Republican
Register of Wills and Clerk of the Orphans’ Court, Jean Marfizo King, Republican
Sheriff, Nick Chimienti, Republican
Treasurer, Nick DiFrancesco, Republican
Solicitor, Fred Lighty, Esquire

This seems to be an updated list of county officers for Dauphin.

Most seem to be Republican.

I am not sure this rises to the level of voters being morons.

YES, Bridget Whitley is a moron, that is definite.

But, I wouldn’t condemn the voters at this point.

Who elected her?

1 Like

Who elected the rest?

1 Like

The intelligent voters.

Is it just possible to fairly say that voters of EITHER party are not infallible, nor are they omniscient. In most cases, either candidate running from the two major parties can be expected to at least have a base level of competence.

Republicans put in a stinking piece of ■■■■ as Tax Collector in Seminole County, Florida, so it is a fact that both parties can misfire with unqualified candidates and voters at large might elect them.

Pennsylvania could start by reforming its antiquated government structure and reduce the number of local offices voters must fill, thus making it easier for voters to study a smaller number of races.

The one thing I DON’T miss about Pennsylvania is it’s half full assed government setup.

New boss, a democrat. Why would they want to stick around?

1 Like

Typically, a new elected official will bring in his own top officers, but other than that, there is typically little turnover in the bureaucracy.

This individual may simple have a toxic or hostile personality, driving people out. Which would also explain why a number of positions remain unfilled.

1 Like