Musk Acquires Twitter

Well that’s a rather odd reply.

I’m still wondering what Musk is up to. What does he expect to get from this. Is it financial gain or does he expect some way to get control of policies or management? IOWs, what’s his game?

To be fair, Ford and GM wouldn’t be entering the EV market without Tesla.

Someone had to take the risk to create the market. Musk took that risk.

Every EV supporter (like myself) owes him that.

Now with that said, I hope the Big Detroit 3, the Germans, and the Japanese automakers bury him in the market he created. Or at least get Tesla to greatly improve their products. But preferably bury him and Tesla. Because outside of the range and power their cars suck.

2 Likes

Musk is egotistical to his core. He loves himself like no one has loved theirselves before.

It’s simply satisfaction for him.

Why would that be satisfying unless he was accomplishing some goal?

1 Like

I can say with some confidence that I’m pretty sure his end goal is financial gain.

How he’s going to get there is less clear.

It’s more news articles about himself. He loves attention. He abides by the Easy E school of publicity.

“All publicity, even bad publicity, is good publicity.”

I don’t think this is it.

I don’t disagree with your analysis of his mental state - but it’s more than just publicity. He needs to be right.

He has tried to cultivate the image of some sort of tech guru - wise and unimpeachable.

He has to have a goal in buying $3 Billion worth of Twitter - and I can’t figure out what it is.

I mean he has enough money to buy all of Twitter… so I’m curious why he chose 9% and not something larger

He seriously thought about building a new social media platform before he bought shares in Twitter.

The billionaire made the remark after claiming that Twitter doesn’t allow for free speech.

“Given that Twitter serves as the de facto public town square, failing to adhere to free speech principles fundamentally undermines democracy,” he wrote on Twitter. “What should be done?”

Well, you can only buy stock that’s for sale. Although he almost certainly could have bought more than he did, if he had chosen to.

Watch him do something to make it go down.

So he go buy more

1 Like

So what can he actually do with 9 % ?

It’s not like he’s a CEO. Does Twitter even have a board ?

For one thing, Musk can turn up the pressure on Twitter management with his 73.5 million share holding.

Another thing, Parag Agrawal, new CEO - will have no choice but figure out exactly what Elon Musk wants.

1. Twitter might get an edit button. Musk is taking a poll now.

Twitter locking out Babylon Bee could have been the deciding act for Musk to get involved.

2 Likes

He has 69 million followers. No arm-twisting necessary.

Could it partly be to butt heads with the wokies?

Elon Musk said: “At its heart, wokeness is divisive, exclusionary and hateful, it basically gives mean people a reason, it gives them a reason to be mean and cruel, armored in false virtue.”

4 Likes

It is never the fault of the ■■■■■■■■■

Someone else made the ■■■■■■■ be the ■■■■■■■■

Perfect description of Crits

2 Likes

Yes. The - almost 10% that Musk owns now is more than Dorsey had at the beginning.