Musk Acquires Twitter

Maybe he can rescind all the suspensions.

1 Like

Can Hunter Biden and such still be safe during elections?

1 Like

Still holding on to the “soggy laptop” story?

I just want to know how Keith Ablow had a Hunter Biden laptop.

No one seems to know the answer to that.

Do you know what the word majority means? It’s not 9.2% of something

This all seems to have hit a nerve…

I appreciate the laughable commentary.

2 Likes

musk owns 9% of twitter. only under republican math does that mean he “aquired” twitter. he nows owns roughly as much as the vanguard mutual fund group. which means he can pretty much do nothing as far as running the company. even wall street doesnt consider his stake to me more than a passive investment, at least until he crosses 10% ownership

it is under republican math…

1 Like

musk is also going to be fined by the SEC for his stake. under SEC rules anyone aquiring more than 5% of a public company has to disclose it within 10 days. musk bought his stake 20 days ago

1 Like

What is 100,000 to Musk?

From the article: “…but SEC fines are historically toothless.”

True enough, by himself. So what is he up to? Is this some money making plan? Does he think he can wield some significant control of what content is allowed? Does he believe he can change current management?
Does he just think the stock is cheap?
Sure am curious.

A majority shareholder owns more than fifty percent.

3 Likes

Convicted!!

He is one of the largest shareholders in the company, one story I saw said the largest.

I apologize for my in eloquent language…

It is funny to get lectured about that from the people who’ve been wrong about big important stories so often.

I pledge and promise to do better…maybe you guys should too.

I’m never wrong. :blush:

He is the “biggest shareholder.”

“Elon Musk has taken a 9.2% stake in Twitter Inc. to become the platform’s biggest shareholder, a week after hinting he might shake up the social media industry.”

From Bloomberg news

“The stake is worth about $2.89 billion, based on Friday’s market close.” From Bloomberg News

Keep your eyes and ears open and watch the value of the shares of stock. Because Musk owns 9% doesn’t mean he won’t acquire more should the valuation goes down and shareholders give the sell order. There is also the distinct possibility some stink ass shareholders sell just because they do not like Musk. Anything is possible.

1 Like

There is a very big difference between largest individual shareholder and majority shareholder.

I’m simplifying things, but a majority shareholder essentially has complete voting control over the company. Musk - while being a large shareholder - is nonetheless a minority shareholder.

I don’t know the details of the deal, or of Twitter’s structure. I wonder if he’s going to get a seat on the Board - but even then, it’ll only be one.

:rofl:

What exactly are you expecting - or hoping - will happen?

I’m really amused by the whole Musk-as-Savior, coming to reinstate Trump’s account thing.

1 Like