MUELLER MAYHEM: Senate Panel APPROVES Legislation to ‘Protect Mueller’

Originally published at: MUELLER MAYHEM: Senate Panel APPROVES Legislation to ‘Protect Mueller’ | Sean Hannity

The Senate Judiciary Committee led by Sen. Chuck Grassley voted Thursday to approve legislation that would protect special counsel Robert Mueller from being fired by the President.

According to the Hill, the panel approved the decision in a 14-7 vote that split Republican members down the middle. In all, four GOP senators supported the legislation, including Sens. Tillis, Graham, Grassley, and Flake.

The bill was opposed by Sens. Hatch, Lee, Cornyn, Crapo, Sasse, Kennedy, and Cruz.

“The vote marks the first time Congress has advanced legislation to formally protect Mueller from being fired by President Trump, who has railed against him in public and reportedly talked in private of dismissing him,” writes the Hill.

The proposal now rests in the hands of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who will decide if and when the legislation receives a full vote on the Senate floor.

“I’m the one who decides what we take to the floor, that’s my responsibility as the majority leader, and we will not be having this on the floor of the Senate,” McConnell said earlier this month.

So senate repugs gave Mueller the green light to do whatever he wants.

And then they expect the people to rewards those repugs?

Not cool at all.

Nice! Hopefully the turtle has some common sense and takes it to the floor.

1 Like

here’s the crazy thing…

that they had to do this.

1 Like

Grassley is just another RINO Deep State Stooge!

1 Like

It would be unconstitutional anyway…

I don’t have complete confidence the Senate will get to vote on this, but I can always hope.

What do you mean “do whatever he wants”?
He is investigating possible improprieties. He must do this within the law.
At some point in time I believe that those Republicans who are backing Trump will understand that
their appearance to put party before country will not be accepted by the American people.
And that point might very well be the evidence that Mueller will present. Film at eleven.

it is crazy that this HAD to be done… like why wouldnt you guys want to find out the truth… this baffles me

Trumps not going to fire Mueller anyway. But you swamp lovers can always hope. We all know that’s the real game. Try to tee off Trump so bad he fires Mueller. That’s was why they went after his lawyer. Obviously, it had nothing to do with Russia?

Why? Should a special investigator be fired without just cause? Especially if the person doing the firing is being investigated, or is being influenced by someone who is under investigation?

Because their dear leader has told them that it is a “witch hunt”. They truly believe that he is incapable of doing anything wrong. In short, they have been taken in by a con man.

It may not but you certainly don’t know. Unless you have an inside source you’re not telling us about.

Because he works for the executive branch not the senate. Separation of powers. Doesn’t matter anyway. Trumps wouldn’t fire him. It’s just a story to keep Mueller in the news.

There’s this thing called the “House Judiciary Committee” that oversees the justice department. That whole separation of powers thing.

So can the senate fire the Attorney General? How about the head of the FBI? Can they prevent the president from firing either of them?

What makes the special prosocuter “special” in that regard?

And on the second note, can the senate or the house fire the special prosocuter?

Well, no. The ongoing oversight and control of Mueller’s investigation is unaffected by this.

But please explain: in your mind, is the alternative that Trump can fire Mueller if Trump doesn’t like what Mueller is doing? That Trump should be informed step-by-step of what Mueller is doing?

I wonder if mueller has compiled a list of evidence against trump to be released if he’s fired

Congress can impeach both the Attorney General and FBI director. I do not know if Congress can stop a firing of these positions, or reverse a firing.

A special/independent prosecutor is there to perform an investigation when there is a potential conflict of interest by those being investigated. What should be “special” is that those being investigated shouldn’t have the power to dismiss them. That would make the position pretty meaningless. This has happened 3 times in the past and did not go well any of those times.

The most specific answer is that only the Attorney General can fire a special prosecuter. Perhaps they could impeach a special prosecutor but there is no precedent.

MUELLER MAYHEM

Lord have mercy the histrionics on display by the Trump Huggers is hilarious!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like