Mueller asking for 70 new subpoenas

Or it may just related to the old tax case from 2006.

From the questions Mueller asked of people, concerning the DNC email hack. It does seem he makes his assumptions of guilt, and then sets out to prove them true.

Mueller asking if Trump knew about hacked Democratic emails before release

The line of questioning suggests the special counsel, who is tasked with examining whether there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the 2016 election, is looking into possible coordination between WikiLeaks and Trump associates in disseminating the emails, which U.S. intelligence officials say were stolen by Russia.

Or it means thereā€™s no way heā€™s going to file charges against the leader of the Free World unless he has his ducks in a row.

Thatā€™s a bit sanctimonious of you.

Of course Mueller can indict someone in the Trump campaign for Russian collusion, to get the exact results you just stated, by doing a ā€œquick indictments to get some leverage to pressure them to flip and strengthen a case.ā€ The point is, he is not forced to hold back indictments until his investigation is completed.

For Trump, yes, Iā€™d agree that Mueller should not dare indict a sitting US President unless he had a solid case. Mueller can indict those around Trump, and put the pressure on everyone else to flip. nothing is stopping him from doing that, in fact it would be wise to do so.

Either way, Mueller will need solid proof, and not just empty indictments, built on nothing but his personal suspicions, once he starts going after a presidential administration, or his family and associates.

Mueller is not going to indict Trump. There is a policy against it. Since 1973.

Reaffirmed with Clinton.

which is why he is methodically investigating and only filing charges when appropriate. i think thatā€™s the most frustrating thing for Rs and Ds. they both want this wrapped up like a Law and Order episode.

He closed his eyes and is playing ā€œWhere it landsā€.

Donde caiga.

Itā€™s a childā€™s game.

How often do this special counsels actually accomplish what they were created for? How long did they know that Richard Armitage outed Plame, and yet they still wasted taxpayer money and bankrupted people with attorney fees, for moth after month.

Well ya he isnā€™t forced to. Thatā€™s a silly point. The question is, why risk hurry when you could be build an even greater case

Of course not. But Mueller will also not seek to indict someone without having all of the evidence necessary to likely secure a conviction. Additionally, if there was coordination between Americans and Russians, and Mueller ends up indicting people, then he will likely drop all indictments related to this conspiracy at one time, once all evidence on every party is secured and no questions remain. So even if he has evidence right now that Person A and Person B conspired with one another, but he does not have all of the questions answered as to whether there was a Person C or D also involved, then he will not indict A and B yet.

An investigation of this magnitude takes significant and substantial time. We are talking about multiple foreign countries, with multiple players in each, that have to be investigated. We all would do wise to be patient and allow him to run his course.

That is part of the tactic of indicting the little fish to flip, while still trying to get the solid case to nail the big fish.

I know of at least one investigation that found bad stuff. Watergate.

1 Like

Two things. One, I do not believe the POTUS can be charged with a crime while in office. They can be impeached and then charged with a crime if removed from office. But not while sitting.

Second, it would be incredibly foolish of Mueller to indict someone for conspiracy without having all of the other conspirators fully investigated and ready to indict. If he does end up indicting people for ā€œcollusionā€ then it will all come at once. Not in increments. It would be incredibly unwise for him to indict a few here and a few there, while the investigation is ongoing regarding a potential conspiracy.

Think about how funny this board would be if Mueller was rushing through indictments before he had all his ducks in a row. Heā€™s pissing people off because he is being thorough.

1 Like

And is there any reason to believe such a link other than weak rumors among the losers of the election? We need better than an investigation based on internet rumorsā€¦particularly since the whole idea is nonsense. If Russia wanted to release those emails, they didnā€™t need Trumps expertise on how to do it any more than they needed his help on hacking them.
Its a crime without evidence and without a motive.

The most awaited 70 names in modern history!! This has the feel of a nuclear event.

does Meuller have employment after this gig? He reminds me of government consultants who try to create problems that only they (supposedly) can solve. Job security.

Why are you worried about this?

because I deal with government consultants and see how destructive they can be ā€¦ all in the name of being a good watchdog. Besidesā€¦there is an active thread here and I wanted to post.

If he wants 10 or 1000 more blank subpoenas, my observation is the same. Heā€™s destructive.