More proof of the trump recession

y/y core inflation is 2.2%
hardly flat

It took Obama 7 years for real wages to almost get back to 1997 levels.

Worst recovery in history.

Longest. Stability is good.

They had to buy a boat load of unsold bonds in 2010-2012 when they weren’t selling at auction.

That was when everyone was screaming bout the “printing money”.

Yeah, unfortunately (for the challenged, I’m being ironic) we didn’t have a world war to spike us out of the worse recession since the Great Depression. On the contrary, we had a party that fought tooth and nail to block programs and spending that would have helped.

But now, after having the longest expansion period and full employment, we can’t do any better even with a massive deficit fueled tax cut?

1 Like

We know who has the sharpies.

7 Likes

You’re talking about the Republicans here.

1 Like

Here are some additional recession indicators…

https://twitter.com/WSJecon/status/1171433549594935297

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1171437232575537152

So we dont need low rates as the economy is the best it has been

Your wanting a recession so bad that thousands and thousands and thousands will be financially hurt, just so you can feel better about your hate, is positively hateful my friend.

That’s an awful lot of words to try to stick in his mouth, Smyrna.

1 Like

The poster I’m addressing has been very consistent in his desire for the worst possible outcomes regarding Trump. In this case, there’s a lot more negatively affected than Trump and that’s my point. Let’s not let our hate, get in the way of our sanity.

This is such a pathetic deflection.

1 Like

Speaking of insanity…hey there. :sunglasses:

1 Like

We’ve had many recessions that didn’t require a world war to spark us out of.

It isn’t the best it’s ever been and it can always be better.

1 Like

show me a post of mine wanting a recession. and if you want to talk hateful look at your lord and master in the white house

1 Like

Wasn’t Trump’s whole election pitch about how terrible the economy was even though it was growing at a faster rate than it is now?

The economy was terrible, it was the worst recovery in history, and every economic number we have today is better than under the Obama Administration.

The economy continued to grow after Obama but the rate of change is negative.

The main point is, Republicans quite regularly speak down on America and the economy when it suits them. Everyone roots for their team and criticizes the other. That doesn’t mean that most folks on either side are praying for a recession.