More evidence: Your mask useless

I don’t know about other states but here in Ohio everyone but kids have had the opportunity to get it. Odds are compliance on getting this will be fairly low due to it being rushed and the relatively low chance otherwise healthy people have of a bad outcome. People should not be required to wear masks to protect them.

Being allowed to get it is not the same thing as having been able to get it, so you’re making a gross assumption.

Ohio has administered 78% of the vaccines it has been distributed. Only ~25% of its population is fully vaccinated. So even at 100% distribution maybe that number would get up into the 30s somewhere?

And remember, the vaccine isn’t approved for kids yet and guess what?

The B.117 variant which is the dominant strain in the US?

It’s being spread mostly by kids.

Kids still aren’t in general getting very sick from it, but they are now a primary spread vector.

Typo which I tried to fix once and obviously failed.

The data is promising that the vaccinated are not spread vectors, and a large confirming study of this using contact tracing is currently underway.

Still with about 75% of the population not yet vaccinated, wearing a mask is a small price to pay. Again…it’s a stupid thing to cry “Freeberty” about.

Seriously stupid.

But what can you do…

1 Like

The percentage with a single dose is already at 37. Single dose alone gets you 75-80 percent there.

PA state wide is 41% with a single dose.

Allegheny County…Pittsburgh metro region is at about 50%.

Hospitalizations are very low…so low the current data isn’t public.

Pandemic mop up moving right along.

Bad data.

Vaccine is at 30 to 50%.

Variant is a weak one.

Enjoy your new reality.

Freeberty for all!

1 Like

Odds are every adult that wants one at least has the first shot, if they have tried to get it. I know you can get appointments seeing as how every adult I know has had no trouble getting one.

Got my 2nd yesterday. I may toss my masks. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes this is all good news.

So don’t trip up when you’re just a few meters from the finish line.

1 Like

Getting my 1st Pfizer…in about an hour.

2 Likes

No it’s not “bad data”.

The measure was fully vaccinated.

That 23% number is correct (probably moved on a bit since it was last measured but still…)

Don’t slack off when the finish line is in sight.

Remember the Tortoise and the Hare?

All of the high risk people who wanted the vaccine have had ample opportunity to get it at this point. I doubt we would have ever had to wear masks at all if you subtracted the fatalities of people at high risk.

As for masks, I will wear them forever or until people start giving me weird looks. I like wearing them, mostly because I am anti-social and it keeps people from wasting my time with chit chat. And I am not in public a whole lot.

1 Like

:+1: :grin: Great!

High risk and deaths aren’t the only things to worry about in a pandemic.

Variants (we have been very fortunate)
Long Haulers
Longer term impacts

Don’t trip up before the finish line.

Been dragging this out for 10 months…we can trip over the finish line now.

I adored the grilling Fauci got from Jordan yesterday.

That rotten Fauci would not offer up an actual metric to end the pandemic.

1 Like

You are precious.

Keep us posted on that list.

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside:

Show me it is more deadly than the flu after removing the fatalities of people with underlying conditions.

pssst… if you can’t get covid, you can’t spread covid.

Fauci is a total butt.

4 Likes

and people will continue to excuse the asinine who believe a person who doesn’t have a disease can spread it.