More Chinese Disease Anyone?

"The researchers are concerned that it could mutate further so that it can spread easily from person to person, and trigger a global outbreak.

While it is not an immediate problem, they say, it has “all the hallmarks” of being highly adapted to infect humans and needs close monitoring."

It could be a something or it could be a nothing. Of course keep an outlook on it. How well did WHO do with that one? By the time its known what’s happening it can be too late.

Seems the attitutde of the public (media?) has changed since the great polio epidemics. Of course, if they became politicized at the time I probably wouldn’t have noticed it, being born in 1948 and they came to and end with vaccines around 1955.

1 Like

So here is where your attitude of apathy get us:

Straw man. I never said anything about any such silly thing.

There could be a terrorist attack. That’s the fear and uncertainty being thrown around lately. Except now it could be a pandemic. :man_shrugging:

Doesn’t matter what you said, only that you will comply when it happens. It only be problematic for you then. :wink:

It… gets me a pretty picture with a side of lib-shaming? :thinking:

Using your logic, we shouldn’t have a coast guard. Or an airforce. Or any sort of defense system.

We shouldn’t prepare for any disaster man made or natural. To do so would be to liv in fear and give away our rights.

That’s you projecting, not my logic, which is undeniable. :wink:

Do you always speak for others?

It’s a fool proof debate strategy really.

Just make up what the other person will do, and declare victory.

Not very honest though.

Death rates are still low. Of course, one wonders if increased death rates will increase in a delayed manner after this second wave, or if something else is at play. One article I read said that the infected are on the average much younger now, which could indicate that the death rate wont follow the increase.

1 Like

No, but I have been known to enforce what comes after a national tragedy. :man_shrugging:

You don’t want us to prepare for a pandemic for fear of losing your rights.

That is what you have been arguing.

You compare it to terrorist attacks.

Should we not prepare for them either?

What about wildfires? Hurricanes? Tornado?

That fear you’re displaying is exactly how we ended up with the Patriot Act. :wink:

Exactly. Seems inevitable it will rise. Hopefully, the age of this batch will provide some relief on that front, but of course all these young cases are most likely infecting older people now, which will show up two weeks from now so…

And this is still the first wave.

That’s swell. Not sure what that has to do with the disingenuous debating tactic of telling your opposite what they think and what they will do.

Because you’re not paying attention. You’re promoting another Patriot Act with your arguments. :wink:

Preparing for a hurricane isn’t fear. It’s responsible.

Do you load your gun for fear, or preparedness?

It is when you demand the government do it for you.

So remember folks - those who were impacted and scared the most out of this pandemic will support the most laws being passed. :wink:

1 Like

Look, I’m with you on the PA.

I had a list of about 6 things.

One was a travel ban FROM infected countries.

That is nothing at all like PA no fly lists. It’s just not.

You want to wag your finger and say ‘but it will be…’ but the two aren’t remotely comparable. They just aren’t.

So, fine, you are against travel bans from infected areas. I disagree, but fine.

You also seem to be suggesting preparing AT ALL for a pandemic is giving in to fear. Do I have that right?