Morally Superior

https://www.billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/supreme-court-declines-to-hear-montana-gun-case/article_3865ffe7-da69-5f35-ab6e-73697798707d.amp.html

I’m unfamiliar with the case, so I’d have to read the various opinions before I came to any conclusions regarding the merits.

1 Like

Why? Why can’t you just read the article? :wink:

Take your time, perhaps we can hear from others.

Who actually runs the government in on us? From where do the impositions really come?

I’ll try to take a look at some point, but no promises. I’m in the middle of my preparations for the Bar, and I’m not looking kindly on other homework assignments right now.

Conservative, liberal, libertarian.

I approach liberalism from the right according to my…key word “my” traditions, heritage and culture values.

It is in my opinion you cannot start at liberalism as a starting point. You can only approach it from outside.

1 Like

Of course. It’s authoritative nature of man to impose morals over others using powers available…which in our case the state.

That’s what makes em so dangerous.

Because my philosophy is based on the U.S. constitution. The greatest document ever inspired and written by man. It has led to the most successful and just country the world has ever seen. My philosophy accepts free will, and does not centralize power in the hands of people at the top. My philosophy does not need to divide people racially in order to succeed. My philosophy does not seek to silence voices of dissent. It respects the individual as much as possible.

2 Likes

Liberal (more like a liberal progressive) and no my politics aren’t morally superior.

Is Locke liberal the same as Classical Liberal? If so, I have strong leanings towards that “sub-area” of Libertarianism.

I persobally believe that the U.S. Constitution is one of the ingenious government documents to ever be written, let alone published. It should not be torn apart or otherwise compromise. Let it bask in the glory of the Founding Fathers, for there is nothing like it even today.

In answer to the OP: I’m Conservative with some Libertarian/Minarchist leanings. I believe most taxation is theft, that the government should make do with what they have. And if they don’the have enough, cut their paychecks and stop giving themselves kickbacks.

I’m strongly against forcing one’s belief onto another person, especially if bullying is involved. So no, I don’t think my ideology is superior. However, I do think it should be respected.

Anyone can win if they eliminate God. I have posted many times on the “might makes right” morality which America is more and more leaning towards. The left is just more blatant in their agenda.

Our Constitution is based on Judeo-Christian principles. As God is absolute, so is the document based on his law. If we kick out the authority behind our law, then that law will eventually break down as we are seeing. Traditionally, Republicans/ Conservatives have been more Christian and have slowed the tide of moral decay, but as Republicans become more secular, the conviction to stand for right begins to weaken until it has nothing behind it. The result is the corruption, compromise, weakness, fear and indecision we continually see in our Republican politicians. This is why the left, even when in the minority is able to push it’s agenda. Whenever Christ steps back because he is rejected, Satan will get more bold.

When the left gets full power, as they’re about to. America will die.

Nothing that leads to Americas decline and death can be of ANY value and only Conservatism can preserve it. Definitely morally Superior…

A post was merged into an existing topic: General Off-Topic Slop from Various Threads +fd

I won’t eliminate God.

Lay on McDuff…

What does the Good Book say?

Direct references to God excluded, what is in our constitution that is uniquely Judeo-Christian? What about a belief in God reinforces our laws? Are there all that many Christians and Jews who’s belief in God is the only thing holding them back from a crime spree?

“Get Off My Lawn”

No. My morals are METT-TC dependent.

From your posts here, you have strong Social Justice characteristics.

Definitely not liberal.

If I were to be “morally superior”, I’d have to be the judge. I’m only the judge of my own self and so I go my way and make decisions that I believe are right. I do this based on what I’ve been taught by those that brought me into this world, those I respect, The Bible and from mistakes I’ve made along the way. That said, what’s the scorecard of who is “morally superior”? I can say, I’m happy, fulfilled, prosperous, responsible and generous with my blessings. I can also say, I wouldn’t trade my shoes with anybody.

2 Likes