MN cops shoot and kill another black man

Precisely…local business must pay a price. Call it collective punishment.

Cue the video of the army LT who kept his arms in plain site and got pepper sprayed anyway.

I said there isn’t enough information to be sure of anything yet.

Apparently they fired one of the cops.

Seems appropriate.

They really painted themselves into a corner approaching the car as a felony stop with guns drawn, barking orders…no way their gonna back down once they issue an order…

They sure sounded wacko to me.

But yet you called the cop crazy.

1 Like

His military status is irrelevant to the situation.

3 Likes

He was unhinged and make situation worse.

ALL the driver had to do was call 911, advise the dispatcher he was going to a safe location to pull over. This would let the cop know he was not trying to run. That and put on his flashers to let the cop know he is aware he is being pulled over.

Or would you rather he pull over on a dark 2 lane country road with noplace to safely pull over out of traffic.

1 Like

Was he? Did you witness it? You know the cop?

And finally should city business pay the price?

Did I? I don’t recall. Don’t see it in the OP.

But f I did, I retract. We don’t have all the info yet.

yes you did.

That was a hypothetical. As in “we don’t know if he went back to the car because a crazy cop was trying to shoot him.”

No. It shouldn’t be like that.

But it’s an imperfect system in an imperfect world.

I’ve always prioritized survival. There’s been times where cops have talked to me like I was complete dirt but I always just absorbed it and didn’t make any moves or say anything cross.

I never wanted to become a statistic.

1 Like

Why is there a law against and air freshener hanging from your mirror?

Ridiculous. We need less reasons a cop can pull your over, not more.

2 Likes

Press conference on now saying the shooting appears accidental. Also that the rumors the officer committed suicide after are not true.

Um, I do believe that warrant was discovered upon running a records and information check—which has already been obtained through license and registration.

Can’t recall ever being pulled over to be asked to exit my vehicle. It’s usually highly discouraged.

Nobody is saying the shooting is justified.

But a guy jumping back in his car after finding out he’s under arrest is stupid.

“Brooklyn Center Police Chief Tim Gannon said Wright died as a result of an “accidental discharge” when one of his officers mistook their gun for a taser.”

Wow.

the riot were not helpful. some of the rioters were opportunistic looters in my opinion. but shooting at a car driving away, come on man. do you know whos’ in the car? stop with this shoot first ask question later.