MLB looking into political tweets by major league umpire

There is an error in is speech if he signed a code of conduct for his employment.

1 Like

A baker doesn’t have to sell a wedding cake to gay people but MLB can’t fire an umpire for morals.

Lol.

Allan

1 Like

He certainly gave cause for questioning his ability to make the right calls while on duty if he is that confused and mistaken off duty.

His tweet is every bit one of those “red flags” our President has warned us about and has spoken about how so often those “red flags” have been missed or ignored leading to some unstable person doing a mass shooting.

He should be hearing from the DoJ for his AR 15 tweet.

Remarks by President Trump on the Mass Shootings in Texas and Ohio

We cannot allow ourselves to feel powerless. We can and will stop this evil contagion. In that task, we must honor the sacred memory of those we have lost by acting as one people. Open wounds cannot heal if we are divided. We must seek real, bipartisan solutions. We have to do that in a bipartisan manner. That will truly make America safer and better for all.

First, we must do a better job of identifying and acting on early warning signs. I am directing the Department of Justice to work in partisan — partnership with local, state, and federal agencies, as well as social media companies, to develop tools that can detect mass shooters before they strike.

As an example, the monster in the Parkland high school in Florida had many red flags against him, and yet nobody took decisive action. Nobody did anything. Why not?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-mass-shootings-texas-ohio/

Oh yeah…its hypocritical. The idea they are small government has always been a lie.

Duck dynasty guy was enough of an example of these folks not understanding their rights to show that.

To paint it as a left or right thing is a tactic to marginalize it so you can argue against it easier.

2 Likes

I think a lot of people don’t realize these days that employers, especially high profile employers, don’t like when their employees trot around social media shooting their mouths off about stuff like this.

A tweet by a high profile representative of that company makes them look bad. They don’t like that. They don’t like unneeded controversy, and that’s what the umpire just handed them.

He didn’t know, and obviously whatever source he believed didn’t know.

Sad, sorry state of affairs!

Violence is a pretty vague term. There’s a big difference between windows being broken and execution squads.

There’s the authoritarian viewpoint.

Yes it is, and it is coming from the REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, DONALD TRUMP, and it is not coming from this Liberal.

Just wanted to emphasize and clarify that for everyone!

Since your selective truncation of my full post made it seem otherwise.

:hugs:

It’s your mis-characterization of this as a red flag. It’s not by a long shot.

Did I mischaracterize it as a “red flag” or did I take my cue on what he had posted based on our President’s warning about “red flags” in his speech I linked, which included warnings about what shooters had posted “online” before their despicable acts, their “red flags”.

Please don’t try to put on me what our President has put on all of us!

I think what the umpire posted was dumb, and likely a violation of his employment agreement, but I don’t identify it as a “red flag”.

Our President does.

:hugs:

Yeah, but our president is an idiot on this issue. Nobody should be taking him seriously or literally. We didn’t vote for him based on his ideas for gun control, we voted for him because of the wall, and the SCOTUS, and because he makes libs mad.

3 Likes

It’s the logical inference, just as it is for the folks here who talk about shooting law enforcement should the 2nd amendment ever be repealed.

Not in the sense he is gonna go kill people…but it’s a red flag the dude is whacked.

1 Like

No he doesn’t. You want it to be, but that’s just your opinion.

Who can tell when being “whacked” might lead to whacking?

President Donald Trump wants the DoJ, in conjunction with local authorities, to protect Americans (who aren’t his enemies like me) from folks that identify themselves as a potential threat thus.

So the President’s actual words are just my opinion?

You are a hoot!

:laughing:

2 Likes

These guys never want police work done when it’s their mouths saying something stupid.

1 Like

No doubt!

Right Wing hypocrisy at its best on display with this incident!

1 Like

It’s always someone elses fault

3 Likes