Mitch McConnell should have kept his pie hole shut

No worries.

Personally I do not think it matters, changing the make up of the SC wont just ā€œhappenā€ too much of a political risk.

If something like the reversal of Roe would occur then yes that would be a catalyst to change the supreme court.

maybeā€¦but dems shouldnā€™t take any chances. get a SC justice in 2022.

If this situation were to happen. Biden should nominate an ultra-conservative Republican hard-liner. If McConnell accepts the nomination, he comes across as a hypocrite and Biden withdraws the nomination. If McConnell refuses, heā€™ll face the ire of his own party.

The goalposts moved on the Garland nominations multiple times.

The main problem is that McConnell declared, WITHIN AN HOUR OF SCALIAā€™S DEATH, that there would be no replacement. The rationalizations he gave thereafter were little more than partisan claptrap. We went from ā€œprecedentā€ to ā€œthe people should chooseā€ etc. The explanations evolved as holes got poked in the idiotic, flimsy rationalizations. Thereā€™s no particular reason a SCotUS nominee shouldnā€™t even be CONSIDERED and given an up/down vote just because the presidency/senate are split. Young, idealistic law clerk McConnell once held that position when he wrote that itā€™s the job of the senate to consider the presidentā€™s nominee on their qualifications, not partisanship.

repubs would vote against impeachmentā€¦ until they have the majority

Ha! Holy hell, can you imagine!?

Um breach of protocolā€¦you forgot to say I triple dare youā€¦

So just now you are realizing what McConnell truly is? Only now?

triple dog dareā€¦get it right. :wink:

Ya but they wonā€™t. How many judges have dems confirmed since Inaug compared to how many trump/reps had? Not looking good.

If you think you have something on meā€¦donā€™t.

how is that different than what any democrat senate would do with a gop prez?

no he didnā€™t. same exact thing has happened multiple times

Never fear, thereā€™s a bunch in the pipeline

I guess you missed the part I said I disagreed with it. But you instead went on the raving rant we expect from you. Someone on right said something must rant about it argh

LOLā€¦Trump and McConnell didnā€™t leave any openings for libs.

For that Iā€™ll give Mitch credit.

1 Like

Or certify a liberal president.

Because frauds. And hamberders.

2 Likes

No your supposed to go I dare youā€¦I double dare youā€¦I double dog dare you and then triple dare you before you get to triple dog dare you.

Flick breached etiquette when he went from double dog dare straight to triple dog dare.

A Christmas Story

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦I knowā€¦Iā€™ve been calling our McConnell for yearsā€¦and Iā€™m a lib. You do itā€¦what does it make you?