Missouri rejects right to work

Lol…you think unions declined because workers wanted them to.

Unions are made up of people. Those people like everyone in the late 70’s wanting more money due to inflation. During the 80’s greed was good and they were negotiating across the table from people whose concern was not 5 or 10 years down the road but rather the next quarter. So I will say yes to any thing to keep my quarter strong.

Now that said I am not a fan of the auto workers union up here they are not called that anymore. I have worked against them to keep them from raiding my work place and replacing the union there. They are not even respected by other unions here in Canada.

It will be a long long time before the airlines will be union free

It would also track to the decline of highly unionized industries like steel production, the increase in automation, and the increasing influx of illegal aliens, or with the increase in the average earth temperature.
Pick your correlation

And the entertainment business.

It’s their bed to lie in…

If unions are dying why were there more union members in the United states in 2017 than 2016.

“The number of wage and salary workers
belonging to unions, at 14.8 million in 2017, edged up by 262,000 from 2016.”

Gov’t spouting “fake news” again.

quarter of a million. LOL. I’d like a buck for every new union member.

Allan

Facts over opinions.

Allan

Expansion of Government?

Private sector Union membership was up 166,000 in the private sector. The rest were up in the Public sector.

Allan

Not my buzz.

Unions are growing in the United States. not shrinking.

or maybe that 250,000 increase in Union Membership in 2017 was just a blip on the way to death.

@WuWei @Safiel

Allan

DO NOT underestimate the ignorance of the general public. How many times have we seen rank and file employees vote against unionizing? Just go by what it’s called, “right to work”. That in itself is a shout out to idiots, similar to “fair share” and “The fairness doctrine”. Give it a name that is completely opposite of its intent and hope people are dumb enough to support it. Missouri made the right choice, don’t expect it everywhere.

1 Like

Having once worked for a union employer, the last sentence of the post is correct.

Many who joined the union got out after a year when they realized the union was about the higher ups & the rank and file got nothing but a depleted wallet for joining.

Benefits & pay were actually better when I returned to the private sector.

Never been in a union. I couldn’t afford the pay cut.

1 Like

They have gone from a third of the workforce to a tenth in fifty years. If there are only upticks here and there, it sounds like union workforce membership has settled in for the long haul at around ten percent.

michigan however has dumped “right to work” like a hot potato. :grinning:

Allan (union all the way)

It was the wording.

Here’s the question:

Here’s the amendment:

See the problem?

1 Like

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/union2.pdf

Percentages matter, not raw numbers.

It appears that union membership has bottomed out for the moment at 10.0% nationwide.

Private sector union membership is at 6.0%.

Public sector union membership 32.5%.

94.0% of the private sector workforce is union free. And that is of their own volition, workers having freely voted down unionization efforts.

A few Starbucks ain’t going to get that percentage up.

When unions actually substantially increase their percentages described above, then talk to me. :smile:

1 Like

Missouri union membership is up half of one percentage point - because of Starbucks and Cannabis shops.

Way to save math, ye tweakers and stoners. :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s the establishment way and the Inflation Reduction Act is the perfect example.