Misogyny at FAKE NEWS CNN

And yet you asked whether we had enough threads on one subject?

Lol!

I know the answer, it was a rhetorical question.

So have fun with it.

1 Like

Thanks?

■■■■ misogyny. While it’s an important issue, it pales in comparison to this guy’s hype and innuendo that seems to want people to think hospitals are already overwhelmed and doling out ventilators only to a limited number of people, and letting others die helplessly without medical intervention.

He is an irresponsible dolt fanning the flames of paranoia, which in and of itself can kill too.

2 Likes

I don’t think that is misogyny. She is a Trump sycophant, pure and simple. Her gender is moot.

Now, here is misogyny: Trump calls Fauci 'Dr. Fauci, but calls her ‘Debbie’.

She’s not a sycophant.

Knock it off.

1 Like

I disagree. For Dr. Deborah Birx, Urging Calm Has Come With Heavy Criticism

She is almost in Pence territory.

That proves nothing.

I’ve watched her in press conferences. She’s not a sycophant by any means.

1 Like

Disagree.
“He’s been so attentive to the scientific literature and the details and the data,” Birx said. “I think his ability to analyze and integrate data that comes out of his long history in business has really been a real benefit during these discussions about medical issues.”

That’s some world-class ■■■■■■■■ right there. She is talking about DONALD TRUMP.

5 Likes

Ah, so when they run a story on a hospital in NY that is at 90% capacity in ICU and the doctors and nurses are working extremely long hours, that’s fake?

OK well I missed that one.

Still wouldn’t call that being a sycophant but kissing up.

She’s been pretty good with the facts otherwise when she speaks.

I do want to find out more about some of her assumptions, but in general she’s competent.

All of them.

Yes- she is competent.

I find it interesting that in this instance she - correctly - talks about normalizing numbers on a per capita basis, yet she didn’t do that when she said we had done more tests in 8 days than South Korea did in 8 weeks.

And, yes, Lockhart’s statement was sexist.

Yes but I’m my mind the key flaw is she is not being clear as to her assumptions.

It is useless to use the actual virus attack numbers and compare it to Imperial College’s worst case scenarios unless she has some estimates as to how effective country interventions to stop the spread of the virus is. Because AREN’T IN a worst case scenario. We are ACTIVELY INTERVENING to prevent that.

She does not make it at all clear she is estimating the impact of our interventions in the slightest.

She’s not the only one, though. Any time an expert on this has spoken, including Neil Ferguson from Imperial College, it is a lot of hard work for me to go and find out what the assumptions are.

That’s why despite its flaws I loved the Oxford paper. All the assumptions were clearly laid out and the means to move from assumption to hard data were spot on.

When somebody is constantly angry and never seems to be having a good day, they come off as being miserable.

1 Like

You’re right. She doesn’t deserve this.

Gretchen “half-Whitmer” Whitmer thinks so too.

1 Like

So was “Been here long?”:wink:

You could always flag me if you’re not happy. Otherwise you’re stuck with me.