Min Wage Hikes Hurting Business

total ■■■■■■■■

it’s not an employer’s responsibility to make life easy for employees

turn off your tv and pay close attention to this thread tonight

“yelp” is hardly a legit source

Yes there are. Lobby another personal insult towards me again, see if that helps.

2 Likes

Then we have a permanent underclass to keep inflation down and more people on public assistance to make ends meet.

1 Like

it’s what she believes. so, it appears you get that info

that was not meant to insult

Actually they are pretty reliable for food, you should try it while traveling. Or even to find new spots at home. But then again, you are someone who thinks landline phone polls are relevant… so…

1 Like

life isnt easy. if you need welfare to make ends meet and you are able and willing then it’s time to get more skills

Great. Is there a government program that will help get those skills?

Profound Thinkingman. So profound.

Do you believe in having a minimum wage at all?

The Government should not stand in the way of the worker selling their labor for the lowest price that they can bear.

Or something

it’s an internet bitch site, for pissed of customers. people who are happy with dining experience likely do not vent about how much they enjoyed it vs those who arent

and theres always someone not happy

nope

want to explore that logic?

Also from the Vigdor/Roberts podcast: The restaurant industry is doing fine. Restaurants overall in Seattle are hardly affected. If labor gets prohibitively expensive, there are many ways that restaurants can reduce labor–buy vegetables that are already chopped elsewhere (thus removing the need for a prep cook on premises and outsourcing that labor to another location), or shift from table service to counter service (shifting the cost of serving and bussing tables from a paid laborer to a free source of labor).

Jacob Vigdor comments seem to suggest that a restaurant owner who blames the minimum wage for his failure is just pointing his frustration at a convenient scapegoat.

Vigdor also quotes a study that found, “Restaurants with low Yelp reviews were more likely to go out of business after minimum wage increases went into effect.”

2 Likes

Blaming that they are paying people too much is oh so weird an argument also.

I wonder what these people will do once they’re replaced by robots. If the minimum wage gets too high these “workers” might find themselves unable to find a job.

Robots are coming for every job they can take.

What will all those workers do once they’re obsolete?

I bet they thought the same way :joy:

Even grade school kids know how to navigate reviews now… all of that is irrelevant with a significant number, and if you are being measured against your peers.

The funny part is your whole thread seems to be prompted based on how “long they existed”, as if that matters, with not even one mention about them actually being highly rated… :rofl:

1 Like

I dont give a whip about what AOC says. She isnt my representative, nor does she speak for me.

But perhaps you would like to provide to everyone here some quotes of AOC talking about restaurant operations and how one can maintain its profitability.

Then you can go ahead and attribute my knowledge on the subject to her thinking. Until then go on being the non thinking man.

3 Likes