Michelle Obama calls on teachers to help students register to vote

Too bad…

You should register to vote is not the same as saying who they should vote for.

There is a difference…

As long as it’s legal, more of this should be done.

But I know, registering young people is bad.

However, old people who can’t even remember what they had for lunch voting is perfectly fine.

6 Likes

Sad day for you.

Why don’t you try and stop them?

1 Like

Some reason the left-wing extremist teachers feel the need to indoctrinate other people kids. Why is that?

Republicans have lost the youth vote. Gone are the days of Reagan. There’s a big reason there are no large Republican young voter programs. They’re pointless. It’s all about getting as many votes out of an aging party before it’s too late.

It’s not hard to see why Republicans are terrified of Democrat youth vote initiatives. These silly “indoctrination” cries are all they have in return.

8 Likes

When I was in high school I was a rock ribbed Rush Limbaugh Republican.

Life has shown me otherwise.

Register eligible kids to vote. The most important thing is civic engagement.

1 Like

Oh here we go…wonderful bait

Teaching one that they should vote regardless of politics is teaching…

Maybe had a teacher done this with you the. You would ha e voted this past election and thus had a voice.

2 Likes

You’re right. For example, they should teach kids how to register to vote.

This is the dumbest thread.

4 Likes

That he didn’t see that coming is a classic Sneaky short sightedness.

1 Like

I remember hearing about several Republican youth Facebook groups. Most of the members were over 40 lol.

1 Like

Isn’t it illegal to register to vote when you are not eligible to vote?

This seems to be a good preliminary step. From an Aussie perspective I would highly recommend the following be implemented for your Federal and State elections.

Independent Federal and State electoral commissions are created that have the responsibility to draw up boundaries that feature regular geometric shapes allowing for physical features such as rivers, mountains, lakes and state/country borders. These bodies should also be responsible for the elections including the oversight of the conduct of the election and counting of votes.

Changing the day of the election to a Saturday and allowing for absentee votes to be cast on the day of the election. Physical paper ballots to be used.

Another initiative would be what is in essence compulsory voting my mandating that attendance at a polling place is required.

Adopting the above would provide far greater integrity for your elections.

1 Like

Well it’s not like you would be registering them in 3rd grade. This would fall on those that teach 12th grade or the freshman year of college.

I already have to teach kids how to behave and how to have sex, why can’t they be taught how to register to vote?

How badly has the public school system failed them that they need to be “taught” how to register to vote? Shouldn’t they have been taught how to find out where to obtain such readily available information such as how to register to vote a long time ago?

Who cares? Both parties have their fair share of stupid voters. Better get as many of them as possible if that’s what it takes to win.

AM radio does that to adults

2 Likes

Wait just a minute.

A big complaint today is that schools are not teaching civics.

Voting is perhaps the most important and impactful thing a civic minded citizen can do.

It is the very backbone of liberty in the modern world, the very mechanism by which can protect it and maintain it.

You cannot teach civics without stressing the importance of voting. Civics is not sex and it is one hundred percent appropriate that it be taught in schools.

6 Likes