Michael Burry Warns Weimar Hyperinflation is Coming

It’s absurd…

Osb at Lowes.com: Search Results

That is a lack of supply… not hyperinflation

1 Like

I HOPE you are right Jezcoe…

Dollar Crash: How Will It Unfold? - Bloomberg

It had building for a while.

During the summer my wife and I were at our place in Maine for the Pandemic. We did five years of projects over that time.

When we were building out a screened in porch on our cabin we noticed the rising costs and lowering quality and this was in July.

So many people are buying houses and doing renovations that supply just can’t keep up.

That is an effect of the pandemic and those who can afford to remodel… remodeling.

For example… the contractors we work with in Maine for our properties there were telling us stories of renovating places for people who bought sight unseen because their employer guaranteed two years of remote work. This is in conjunction with Federal dollars being dumped into rural broadband… which is happening in our area up there and our place on a dirt road off of a dirt road. They got the one dirt road wired with fiber…just need to convince them to come down the other dirt road

So yeah… the rising cost due to supply shortage makes complete sense to me.

Makes sense on the building materials I agree with that, it’s all the other things going up so fast.

Can you comment on this?:
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-06-14/dollar-crash-how-will-it-unfold

Fiber on dirt roads, what a waste of resources.

There needs to be more than one provider.

Done

Ok, let’s try a little exercise.

Let’s raise the minimum wage to $1 an hour less than what you currently earn.

Now why would you put up with all the stresses and demands of your job, when for a mere $40 less per week you can join me sweeping floors for a living instead?

Now what do you think should happen to your wage? Do you deserve a raise too or no? Explain.

1 Like

No, but what happened in the 1960’s and the results in the 1970’s does.

In the 1960’s was LBJ’s great society war on poverty. By the 1970’s all that deficit spending led to ‘mild’ hyperinflation (double digit stuff in the 10% range).

It is coming…and it’s going to happen soon.

1 Like

Yes Saudi Arabia would still matter.

I explained why several posts up why Biden’s policies are a tiny ripple and why Saudi Arabia still controls prices short term.

Still the only thing I have ever gotten from you in response are blanket assertions with absolutely nothing to back them up.

Give me something other than your beliefs and feelings…show you can have a real discussion.

1 Like

There was no hyperinflation in the 70s. There was stagflation, which is a whole different beast.

2 Likes

Some people consider 10% inflation to be hyperinflation.

At this point, I consider it a gift from the gods. :rofl:

And Johnson’s Great Society plus Vietnam deficit spending would not have caused it on their own.

Instead bad monetary policy spurred by Nixon wanting to get re-elected in 1972, the oil embargo, and Nixon’s wage/price controls mixed together in a toxic brew.

2 Likes

5G needs almost as much infrastructure as cable or fiber does.

A 4G cell phone tower will cover a radius of about 10 miles. A 5G tower covers a radius of about 1,000 feet.

2 Likes

The actual lived experience is that with the exception of a short period last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic we have had 25+ years of continual annual economic growth. A higher minimum hourly rate does not prevent economic growth; It is demonstrably untrue as Australia has proved.

Who? The Weimar hyperinflation was people carrying around wheelbarrows full of bills to buy bread because at one point it went from like five hundred marks to the dollar to like half a billion or something equally ridiculous in the space of months.

Inflation is a thing that happens. Haven’t seen any sign of it yet through two massive economic crashes in the last twelve years.

1 Like

Wow i went to check this out holy crap - 1000 feet!!!

Yep…each new “G” iteration covers less area.

I can tell this with my WiFi router, which puts out two different signals.

The 5G signal of course makes my stuff go faster…it also has far less range (my original signal could be picked up down the street at the corner. The 5G signal fades as I get to my mailbox at the end of the driveway).

It’s the wavelengths theyre having to use now.

There are also two distinct versions of 5G. mmWave is the one everyone thinks of that has very little range and piss poor penetration of solid objects. But it provides very high speeds, up to 1gbs in its early implementation.

The other type builds on existing 4G tech, basically maximizing efficiency and integrating new tech into the existing bandwidth. That maxes out at anywhere between 100mbps to 500mpbs. I pull down about 75mpbs on my 5G iPhone 12 on 5G service, while LTE 4G is about 30mbps in my service area.

Most rural areas will get the wide area 5G implementation, since it can use existing towers and still has good range. There’s not too much investment, which is why it’s actually rolling out faster than LTE did. mmWave will only exist in large dense cities, where they can cram antennas on every single building to maximize coverage.

Another thing… I’m not convinced that “5G” will replace the need for land line based broadband. The issue is stability and reliability. Land lines will always be more reliable than over the air due to a number of factors, but the main one is weather. As for stability, once again, land line is much more stable.

I currently have over the air fixed wireless over ATT’s LTE network because that is all I can get at my home. Granted it’s a million times better the alternative, satellite, but it’s still nowhere near as good as what I had when I lived in the city. I had cable internet and I pulled down 300mpbs constantly and it was 99% reliable and stable. I’m pulling about 30-60mpbs now. Still a lot better than satellite but the weather highly impacts my speeds.

1 Like