Michael Burry Warns Weimar Hyperinflation is Coming

Yeah, & the 70’s was povertyville…

Yup, I remember well…& Jimmy Carter & his malaise speech…I looked at my wife after it & said, our life is over…that’s how he made a lot of people feel, not only that, but a lot of people had no jobs, if they did, it didn’t usually pay much.

I remember the local KMart put out an ad for 2 openings & I think like 700 people showed up. THAT desperate.

Carter was a disaster, I voted for him, then regretted. My first vote. Then came Reagan with the opposite of the Malaise… unbelievable change for the better. The left hated him, but most everyone knew he made things much better.

Ok…go ahead & tell me how Carter was on the right track & the great economy of Reagan was due to all the wonderful things Carter set in motion. Pfffffffffffft!

1 Like

Good for you! If it makes so much prosperity, make the minimum wage $100 an hour. Bet you think that’s crazy…but I’m following your logic.

Now, I have nothing but love for the Aussie’s, almost moved there in my younger days… but it’s a small population & not very diverse compared to the US, not a put down…

I do think there should be a minimum wage, just not like the left thinks should be. It will hurt the very ones it promises the help. The left’s ideas usually do…

What is going on here is terrible economic policy. It will have very negative consequences, inflation, on top of under the table low paid workers from south of our borders…BTW: it’s not allowed in Australia. The low paid workers will be employed while the legal residents will be unemployed as a direct result of that.

Why should I hire a $25 an hour crew legally to install roofs when I can get the same work done for $5 an hour by illegal aliens? Even if I don’t get the payroll deductions on my taxes & pay more it will offset the difference easily. I never hire like that, just making a point. I do have to compete with those who do that though. So, that hurts the honest employers too.

But hey, it’s not that the left really cares about the illegal aliens, or small businesses who are honest, they don’t, they only want their votes, & could care less many of the children & women are raped repeatedly & often enslaved for prostitution, or many die on the way here, or they get taken advantage of by sleazy employers and the cartels…no, they ONLY care about POWER.

I hope you won’t this time but they way they are going at the spending/borrowing/printing I think you might this time. I hope you are right, believe it or not.

It’s nothing new:

Worth about .42 cents.

Your assurances are worthless.

1 Like

There was both. They even created a term for it “economic malaise.”

1 Like

It was Volcker who set the economy on the right track by getting inflation under control.

The great economy of Ronald Reagan was due to Paul Volcker getting inflation under control…which of course caused a severe recession that almost made Reagan a one term President.

1 Like

Baloney. Reagan won in a landslide people knew he helped them.

1 Like

Had the recession not ended when it did, Reagan would have been bounced.

By late 1982, unemployment stood at 11%. Even in early 1984 it was still higher than it had been when Reagan got elected in 1980, but the recovery that started in 1983 really got rolling in 1984…just in time for him to be re-elected.

Democrats walloped Republicans by 12% in the House elections of 1982 and added 27 seats to their majority (although they couldn’t flip the Senate).

It is amazing how many of you (some of which I am assuming were alive at the time) forget how unpopular Reagan was the first two plus years of his Presidency.

Then again, some of you can’t remember what happened a couple weeks ago…so I guess I shouldn’t expect you to remember things that happened 40 years ago…:sunglasses:

4 Likes

The left media hated his guts & lied about him like they do Trump. He was very popular & one of the best Presidents.

1 Like

Reagan got a revoltingly favorable press treatment; especially after it became known he was shockingly dim.

Say what? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sigh…you just can’t help but live in your bubble, can you?

Reagan was popular…from 1984 onwards.

And the media actually loved him.

Like I said…some people can’t even remember what happened last week…and they’re trying to pretend they remember 40 years ago.

2 Likes

My memory says different, so does this.

from https://cmpa.gmu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/2004-4.pdf

2 Likes

Please advise what Biden policy you believe destroyed fracking? He didn’t cut off fracking on federal land, he temporarily put a hold on drilling permits on federal land which expired. Most fracking is done on private land so no effect. So during that time, they concentrated on completing their backlog of drilled but uncompleted wells.

What destroyed fracking was the drop in oil price from the Saudi/Russian connection before Biden assumed office. Everyone in O&G knows this.

No thanks. I prefer the intellectual challenges of my job over sweeping the floor.

You must have missed the Iran-Conta affair.

1 Like

And that he was a drooling alzheimer’s patient and a racist. In any case I already linked his press coverage ratios and it was one sided, they trashed him at every opportunity. He was popular despite his press coverage.

2 Likes

Baloney. Not much else to add.