Mexicans Want to Gat Up

Actually you don’t.

Is a vote on an amendment not a vote on your rights? And mine?

They need to allow citizens ability to protect themselves. I’m all for guns, gats and anything else.

There is no social contract between the State and the people without the Bill of Rights.

Those ten cannot be amended. To do so is to destroy the very fabric of the constitution. It would be worthless. The contract would be null and void.

1 Like

Huh. An amendment. Can’t do anything about that. Can’t modify or change. Huh. If only there could be another amendment. What could Prohibition teach us about this?

Maybe politically impossible, but I don’t think anything in the document itself prohibits amending the bill of rights.

The Bill of Rights are an entirely different animal from the rest of the amendments that followed.

It’s something that is simply understood. It doesn’t need to specified.

It was the largest fight between the two factions during the drafting of the Constitution.

Without it, there was no contract. Which is what the constitution ultimately is.

Like FloridaYankee said, politically yes, but the document is a document that allows for the changing of the document. I’m hoping you understand that. It’s scary. But that’s why it’s setup to be so hard to change. But it can be changed.

There’s not. There is however the question @TheRedComet raised, which has never been tested.

There were a couple of examples being studied in other countries, I haven’t checked in a while.

Mexico is a disaster. No amount of gun laws or lack of gun laws will help fix it.

Registration is step one. So yes, that’s where it would lead.

The average American does’t know any more about gun laws and their effect than the poll question provides them. Ask an average American a stupid question and you can get whatever answer you are looking for.

Yeah, Americans are generally illinformed/misninformed. But what are you gonna do? I say more information.

The information is out there. Your side (the gun grabbers) refuses to acknowledge it exists let alone look at it.

I’m not a gun grabber. Just so we’re clear.

I said “your side.” You revealed that you are on the same side as gun grabbers when you endorsed registration and restrictions on private sales.

1 Like

That ammendments that curtail a citizens rights for the sake of morality doesn’t work.

3 Likes

Nope, the second amendment didn’t grant us the right to own firearms. It recognized a pre-existing right. Changing that would merely permit the government to infringe or violate that right, it wouldn’t remove it.

3 Likes

Correct.