Megyn Kelly is OUT at NBC

“Hi, I’m ‘Harmless’ Jim Bland. I’m your new anchorman because everyone else was offensive to someone. So here’s the nightly news! (picks up paper) In today’s news ‘Harmless’ Jim Bland was accused of sexism … and … wait … what?”

If it is Black and goes on the face I would say it’s a black-face. Wouldn’t you?
BTW- It wouldn’t have to be an African American mask. It could be a mask of someone like Idi Amin.

You would think these numbnuts would have some kind of common sense.

http://amp.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article220614305.html

You can take the girl out of Fox News, but you can’t take the Fox News out of the girl.

2 Likes

You actually believe her that she is ignorant of the history of blackface?

LOL!!

She sucked at Fox. Those dumbasses at NBC should have known she wasn’t any good.

I’ve seen worse that that. I had a teacher who used rouge on her cheeks sometimes. So offensive to American Indians.

Well like a pimp that’s how all black people dress right, am I right? :roll_eyes:

I think you know what I was trying to say, people are getting fired aka Megyn Kelly for talking about something people have done for decades and no one gave a flying toss until a bunch of pampered Ivy League college kids went into a tantrum saying hallloween is racist.

And instead of the university’s telling the kids to grow up they let them run the asylum. Now we have safe spaces in college we’re they can play with play doh, as well as therapy dogs and practice “cookie breathing” in case they were offended. Am I really the only one thinking all of this is overblown, it’s just halloween.

It’s overblown. It’s national idiocy.

1 Like

You didn’t have to type all of that. I asked you a simple question. I’ll ask again since you didn’t honestly answer. How do black people dress? Like pimps? Seriously?

She should have claimed she was going as a Klingon infiltrating 20th century America.

That’s really not a hard question to answer…

She’ll end up with a siriusxm channel, a couple more million, a 2 hour work week and all of us still somehow thinking she’s a failure.

1 Like

We have people today who dont want kids dressing up in feudal japan lady garb…and the new one is moana…

Some say NBC wanted to get rid of her when she was vocal about the #MeToo movement as it related to Matt Lauer.

However, her ratings were bad from the start, and she was a poor fit for the network. I actually watched her Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly last year as it was a newsmagazine show and I like that format. It wasn’t a bad show, but also tanked in the ratings and did not come back once the NFL season was over.

I think a big part of her problem was she wanted to be another Barbara Walters or Oprah and of course she’ not like them at all.

Anyway, the blackface controversy gave NBC an excuse to let her go. But I think her contract is guaranteed, and it’s for $69 M. Someone at NBC is going to have to answer for that, as it obviously was a very bad decision.

I wonder who will replace her on Today, and if they will move Hoda and Kathie Lee’s show ahead an hour.

This.

The “black-faced” comments were an excuse to get rid of her.

I understood her point – coloring your face does not necessarily mean mocking. But it does ignore the fact that black-face had been used in the entertainment world for most of the 20th century and all of the 19th century as away of mocking black people. I don’t think Kelly understood that at the time.

Calvin,
You have more common sense that anyone here. If you say that black-face is a slap, I believe it.

FUBU and fancy??

Free market conservatives once again proving that the free market is important to them. Along with Christian and Family values.

I used to wear FUBU like a religion when I was a kid.

Looking back that stuff was way too ghetto for me.

I went through some phases in terms of dress. The hood phase, then the redneck phase, then I tried the cowboy look and failed miserably, then I went back to the redneck phase for a while. After that in college I dressed like a prep. Now I just look homeless with no sense of style whatsoever.