Measured CO2 levels under face masks exceed OSHA standards

Of course you would know better than someone who actually works on the front lines.

The hubris…

Dumbest

Thread

Ever

One should never say this.

History shows this will be topped (or bottomed?) at some point.

you claiming to be the resident expert and want us to take YOUR word for it on here but no one else’s. and then claim others have “hubris” because they maintain a different point of view.

awesome

It’s amazing the number of so called pro lifers that are unwilling to take the smallest step to possibly save a life…

1 Like

Trust me I considered that. :rofl:

Hubris is assuming uninformed opinion should be considered as equally weighty to informed opinion.

The study is flawed…it was shown how it was flawed. It was even shown how to could be improved to actually test for what it said it was testing for.
The conclusion makes zero scientific sense.
The conclusion is not supported by historical data.

All this was told to you by people who understand and are knowledgeable about it.

But you have decided your uniformed opinion should be treated with equal weight.

That’s hubris.

everybody claims to be an expert in here

but you actually are huh?

No, but he actually read the study beyond the headline which is more than some have done.

Read the article…

“This is because of the dead-space volume of the masks, which collects exhaled carbon dioxide quickly after a short time. This carbon dioxide mixes with fresh air and elevates the carbon dioxide content of inhaled air under the mask, and this was more pronounced in this study for younger children.”

Where have you been?

We’ve read the study and explained where it’s flawed. Mostly with the grossly inaccurate way they decided to measure CO2. The first clue it was flawed is where baseline CO2 concentration without masks was many multiples higher than the ambient concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere.

Their understanding of “fluid dynamics” is laughable at best.

When tests are done the way they are supposed to be done, where masks are worn using people with a variety of effective lung capacity levels, and the results measured using blood gas concentration tests and oximeter tests (testing the system where it MATTERS…inside the body in the bloodstream), absolutely no differences in blood oxygen or CO2 concentrations are observed when masks are worn from when they are not worn.

This is like you guys testing to see whether a car will start by blowing the horn and saying “Hey the horn works…that means the car will start”.

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

cool

now when i actually make a comment about the “study” be sure to let me know thanks.

I know how the scientific method works, and can spot when someone isn’t following it…yes.

I know the best way to test a hypothesis is to attempt to falsify it, not assume it’s true.

sure you can

except you see no credible evidence that masks helped during covid

but you dont care. you listen to govt

There have been multiple high quality studies showing the efficacy of face masks in the prevention of COVID spread posted to this site. Several times. Kids can be affected by the virus and most definitely can spread the virus. I could post data but it would be dismissed.

Truth comes from objective repeatable data. That has been shared here. It has been rejected by those who disagree not on merit but on the overwhelming desire to be correct.

Not only that, many people are wearing the same masks day in and day out, which reduces whatever efficacy they have. It’s one thing to say that in controlled studies brand new properly fitted and worn N95 masks can be X% effective. It’s whole other thing to say what’s the case in an uncontrolled large sociological setting.

2 Likes

what you think is “data” and “truth” are not anything like that at all

“several” is a statistically low amount and doesn’t justify torturing the vast majority of children with muzzles across their face all day. it’s stupid. esp since all the precious “studies” you guys pretend exist dont while ignoring studies that show they dont do squat

what a sick stupid society to make kids go around in masks

just more ways the idiot left ruins life on earth

They did observational studies in just the settings you mentioned.

In schools, for example, there was evidence mask wearing reduced transmission by up to 37%.

Masks weren’t perfect…they weren’t ineffective either.

But of course this will be dismissed.

The studies do exist.

And we already know why you were biased against masks…because you admitted why you were…because it made you feel like you were “living in a Third World Country”.

If masks have no deleterious impact as you ostensibly imply the why do I and others I know as well fell a heck of a lot better when we take it off?