Meanwhile Gov. Kay Ivey of Alabama signed

I wonder if those very parents are the cause of their child confusion. Ever thought about that?

1 Like

I say it’s more likely that parents are the ones confusing em.

2 Likes

I would like to see the medical community coming to this conclusion. I don’t want anything on the books that takes medical decisions of out my hands for my child.

What these laws are about is a political party that is completely incapable and uninterested in writing legislation and anything that resembles “governance”.

They are interested in power though so break out the manufactured moral panics and red meat culture war nonsense to get the rubes riled up.

These are the same people who insisted on being able to hear hidden Satanic messages recorded backwards in rock music.

4 Likes

You seem confused.

Which parents have trans children have you spoken to in order to learn more?

Or are you simply inserting your own opinion on the matter in order to stand in judgement on them?

With all these confused kids nowadays…it seems that increase of confused kids are parent related. Libs raising their kids in unhealthy manner that’s confusing em.

1 Like

We dont let kids drink beer, why should we give them the option to take puberty blockers. It will become like tide pods on tictoc and they will all want them.

Parent your kids instead of enabling them and you wont run into these issues.

1 Like

Can parents legally give their children beer cigarettes or weed? How about sleep overs with sex parties?

The welfare of the child should be of primary importance over all others to include parents. Let the child make the decision when they are of age to purchase alcohol. and no one else before then

We tell mentally ill people that they can be helped.

1 Like

You have proof of that?

No hypothetical was needed.

Who on this board would want to allow genital mutilation on girls?

This is worth repeating.

So I quoted it.

2 Likes

We don’t let kids drink beer? Seriously? I was 16 the first time I got drunk. A lot of my friends were much younger. Same goes for tattoos and cigarettes.

Seems like just about no one in this thread has ever encountered a child with gender identity issues. These aren’t boys that played with Barbie a few time or girls that tried standing up to pee like their brothers. These are children who from an early age have strongly and unwaveringly identified with the gender opposite to which they were assigned at birth. This isn’t a “hey maw, Johnny likes My Little Pony, we’re gonna make him a gurl.” This is a “Johnny has identified as a girl since he has had the ability to. His everyday actions are unquestionably female and he is uncomfortable and fearful with being forced to act like a boy.”

Parents shouldn’t listen to their children. A parents knowledge of their child’s behavior, desires and concerns as to their well being don’t matter. The only thing that matters are the wishes of strangers, lawmakers and the ignorant.

The South has a wonderful track record when it comes to race, women and LBGTQ issues. Why would gender be any different?

4 Likes

Children model themselves on people around them. A boy in a male-deficient environment (has only sisters, no father in his life) may easily mirror the behaviour he sees in the females he is being raised among and is emotionally connecting with. To guess he is a girl from these learned manners is a stretch.

So gender is learned behavior. You could raise a boy to act like a girl or vice versa with the correct surroundings. They wouldn’t have any issues acting as their non-assigned gender since it’s a construct acquired entirely by their surroundings. A boy who identifies as a girl simply lacks appropriate gender role models to act as a boy.

I don’t think people have encountered children with gender identity issues.

2 Likes

It’s not children assigning themselves gender identities. They are being coached on how to decide what gender they are.

3 Likes

What state did you live in where it was legal to drink, get tatts, and buy smokes.

2 Likes

So a boy can be “coached” into being a girl? A boy with gender identity issues just needs a better “coach” to assign them to the correct gender?

Broken record here - people have never met a child with gender identity issues.