McCarthy Threatens Endless War With Conservatives

Ayup. Don’t be surprised when the pile grows.

1 Like

McCarthy dropped out of the Speaker race because of bad PR relating to his running of the Benghazi committee - not because he was “too liberal.”

Posting another link to the same site - while still ignoring that site’s disclaimer that disproves your point - is pretty silly.

You need to actually read that link, too.

:rofl:

You misunderstand. Nothing would make me happier than watching McCarthy continue to lose the Speaker election, over and over.

But then again, I enjoy watching the GOP destroy itself from within.

Look around you.

Do you really think this is all going work out well for the GOP?

Notice the thread title?

Current situation is this:
To win the speakers seat McCarthy must either embrace the right and fight the left or do the opposite. He has chosen to do the opposite. He has chosen to fight the right.

What does that tell you?

2 Likes

The thread title is a lie.

Of course, that’s why all the Democrats are voting for him, right?

This is one of the most dangerous tracks we’ve taken as a nation. Shutting down the government to force concessions for minority views should be abolished as an option in Congress by either side. It hands the nation over to loons.

Democrats ■■■■ on the Constitution every chance they get. You are right about the pile.

1 Like

That’s why the Dmes and the Dem media want him to win.

That’s why the media is portraying this as
“MAGA vs everyone. MAGA is holding America hostage. The only solution is for the GOP to elect McCarthy.”

1 Like

Who is the alternative that could get almost all the votes?

Not sure. It would be impolitic for the next hopeful to announce himself publicly right now. It will be someone more conservative (has to be).
That’s why the media has pulled out all the stops and is trying to get McCarthy the seat.

ABCNews has it’s speculation list here:
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/alternatives-house-speaker-mccarthy-withdraws-names/story?id=96184776

1 Like

You’ve fallen into the same trap conservatives fall into all the time - trying to justify stupid decisions by citing to “the libz are madddd!”

Dems don’t want McCarthy as Speaker - they want Jeffries - which you can tell by the fact that in each vote so far, every Democrat has voted for him. If the Dems wanted McCarthy, it’ll only take five of them to give it to him.

None of this is actually happening.

This is about MAGA vs. the GOP. Everyone else is eating popcorn and laughing their asses off.

1 Like

Is anyone in the media telling you “This is about MAGA vs the GOP?”
(That’s rhetorical. The answer is “Yes the whole media is united behind that narrative.”)

Real Q:
Is the media saying this because
a.) “the media is correct MAGA is opposing conservatives.”
or
b.) “The media is lying again. The leftist media has a leftist agenda. The leftist agenda is served by getting McCarthy elected.”

(HINT: Look at this thread. All the libs are backing McCarthy.)

2 Likes

All of this is jibberish. You’re so focused on being reactionary (must disagree with teh libz…must disagree with teh libz) that you’ve abandoned any sort of logical thinking.

If the Dems wanted McCarthy as Speaker, they’d vote for him for Speaker. It’s that simple. There’s no conspiracy, there’s no lib plot - this is in-fighting within the party, and teh libz aren’t involved.

Own your own mess.

3 Likes

I think of attempts to pair back the power of leadership in terms of the old show Peyton Place (rhetorical license used), only the present situation is one where rank and file are not given real ability to challenge about what comes out of the smoky back room deals but only if their pork spending or pet causes ever gets attached to what comes out of smoky back room deals.

When you find a Lib (here or in the media) saying “I HOPE the get McCarthy out. He’s on the right-wing of his party and I’d prefer an alternative.” let me know. Okay?

2 Likes

What we (teh libz) want is a weak Republican Speaker, who can’t get anything done. We don’t care who it is.

Looks like we’re going to get exactly what we want - if nothing else, this whole debacle has pretty much guaranteed that.

2 Likes

Well, now that I know a bit more about McCarthy, screw him. He can go sit with the libs cheering for him. lol

So who’s the alternative?

2 Likes

No one.

Ain’t enough votes for anybody else.

Oh well then, screw them all. lol

2 Likes

Is it possible that the Hillary server, Benghazi, Hunter laptop, etc were all just nonsense? And maybe that is why nothing came of it? That perhaps all of these conspiracies were just fodder for the masses and never a realistic problem?