Mayor of Olympia WA Supports BLM...Until Her Home Gets Vandalized

To paraphrase Rev Wright:

The mayor’s chickens have come home to roost.

"Mayor Cheryl Selby made the comments after her home was vandalized on Friday with Black Lives Matter graffiti despite her already displaying support for the movement.

“I’m really trying to process this,” the mayor said Saturday to The Olympian. “It’s like domestic terrorism. It’s unfair.”

"“Let me be clear,” she concluded, “the city of Olympia supports the peaceful protests that highlight the racial injustices black people continue to endure at the hands of police in the United States.”

Translation: “Please don’t vandalize my house again”

1 Like

darn hooligans.

It’s just a block party till it’s your house being vandalized and ransacked.

6 Likes

Is that supposed to indicate hypocrisy? Not unless she expressed support for vandalism.

3 Likes

What did she think BLM is about if not supporting destroying property for the greater cause, whatever that is? Or did she think she had bought them off with her verbal support?
She needs to pay her $10.

5 Likes

She’s not much of a student of recent American history it seems.

1 Like

It’s all fun and games until someone gets their eye poked out.

1 Like

Those darn right wingers acting up again.

All of those leaders who’ve failed to control the crowds that are destroying others’ businesses deserve to have their personal property and businesses destroyed too.

8 Likes

karma is funny

The summer of love loves where she lives. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Has she ever decried their tactics until now?

1 Like

Absolutely. :+1:

The Mayor is retarded, must of taken voter fraud to put her in.

Well Deserved!

Couldn’t of happened to a finer mayor.

I wonder if she learned anything from it.

Nonsense. And as Black Lives Matter effects more and more change, holding on to a fox news narrative from years ago is only going to exclude you and help them.

What has this thread learned from a surveillance video of a white masked dude spray painting BLM on a house?

You’ll notice that in OP’s copy/paste from Glenn Beck’s website a link to The Olympian. This is the actual reporting from a journalist, The Blaze link is just a Glenn Beck blogger leeching from that reporting, so why even bother share that?

It’s weird how much of the source article The Blaze leaves out, eh?

Not to me.

The fourth & fifth paragraph of the OP told me all I needed to know.

She was perfectly OK with them destroying property, as long as it wasnt her property. When it was her property being destroyed, she said “It’s like domestic terrorism. It’s unfair.”

I hope she learned what it feels like to have one’s property destroyed. I hope she also learned that NO ONE should ever have to go through that and politicians shouldn’t support it or condone it or marginalize it.

1 Like

should we censor and ignore what white people say in support of BLM? Like Nancy Pelosi, for example.

1 Like

What pertinent facts are left out ?