Mayor of Olympia WA Supports BLM...Until Her Home Gets Vandalized

That is not at all what her statement said. Looks like you’ve told yourself that to fit a confirmation bias.

This thread title, which I’m aware you aren’t responsible for, does the same thing, btw. The mayor unequivocally said she supports BLM, after her home was vandalized by a white masked hooligan.

You know, the reason why I so heavily pointed out the source reporting from The Olympian was because I was hoping you’d read this part and start to wonder what you’re missing:

On Friday night, two groups converged in downtown Olympia, and some became destructive, burning flags, smashing windows, and spray painting businesses and Olympia Mayor Cheryl Selby’s home.

One group was made up of about 50 black-clad protesters who came to Sylvester Park for a rally advertised on social media as an event akin to last Friday’s protest downtown with an open mic. The other group of around 30 wore neon-yellow T-shirts with the word “peacekeeper” emblazoned on the front and back, some holding paintball guns.

It’s not a surprise, at all, why Glenn Beck left half the story out.

So about the 30 green shirt people, what do you think of them?

Shooting paintballs at people and property?

This is scored an F for imagining instead of reading the reporting.

Tangent-

Remember when yall didn’t trust Glenn Beck because he was a never Trumper.

Now you bring his blogs again.

I laugh at this.

Well I will be the first to admit that I have a bias for my confirmation bias. And I like it.

It mentions they were there and holding paintball guns. Nothing further explained. Of course I had to use my imagination. I thought walking around with guns was bad?

Funny. :point_up_2: Cons now cheering for the destruction of private property for political reasons.

1 Like

As opposed to what the liberals here have been doing this whole time?

Why cant you be honest about it?

Not for political reasons at all.

For hypocritical reasons.

She was great with the destruction until it hit her property. Yes. Im glad she got to experience it. Hope she learned something from it.

I only have so much room in the lifeboat to save those who can show they make an effort.

That’s all I needed hear.

Anyone else want to admit they aren’t acting in good faith?

Please provide me one post showing liberals saying private property deserves to be destroyed by rioters/protesters

Provide one quote of her saying she was okay with the destruction of other’s property by rioters

Nah. Ya’ll are cheering the destruction of her private property because you are looking at it through a false political lens that somehow she was okay with rioters destroying property.

Are there any principles cons won’t contradict?

Google is your friend. How about the Mayor of Baltimore and NBC? Is that acceptable to you?

Thats one. Now you can go and find others for this event. Im sure if you look, you could find some from the house speaker.

1 Like

Like this?

1 Like

No it’s not. The obvious context was that with limited resources being applied to give space to peaceful protesters the consequence was that it gave space to violent protesters.

Try again

Nope that one is good enough for me.

So your new standard of principle is one post from one person on a message board? Conservative principles are so fluid!

You asked and I gave you one? Talk about shifting the ■■■■■■■ goalposts.

2 Likes

Ahh. So destruction of private property is cool now?