May quits as UK prime minister

Thank you for that. I am sure that many, many mine workers and their families would have had the same sentiments.

1 Like

Corbyn time baby!

That was kind of my point, I hear the words ā€œSecond Referendumā€ but it would have to come from the Labour Party and as you said the leader of the Labour Party is a euro skeptic.

He would have to go in there and drop his pants in parliament and Steele Dossier/Trump style pee on the Labour Party to be any worse than Theresa May.

Here is a lady that could have had Brexit done pretty quick loafed around, called a snap election lost her majority, and since then has just taken a beaten in every situation.

The UK is about to do some major anti-semitism by making Corbyn Prime Minister folks.

You can hear the sound of The Guardian columns being written now if you listen closely.

Understatement is my thing at times. Iā€™m sure they never thought theyā€™d have to answer for all their lies.

With respect to he likes of Farrage and Johnson it is a race to the bottom. Johnson the gutless wonder who wimped from nominating for the Prime Ministership when Cameron fell on his sword.

Now would be the time for a second referendum, before the next PM is chosen. Then people would know where the pols the pols stand.

Is the most likely compromise going to be a confirming referendum for any deal passed by the Commons?

I doubt there will be a confirming referendum. If any deal gets passed parliament theyā€™ll go with that. The only reason for a 2nd vote will be to show that a majority of people donā€™t want to leave any more.

My thought was that the only way a deal would pass the commons would have a confirming referendum attached to the legislation.

Mayā€™s incompetence and obduracy combined with the idiots in the ERG prevented a deal from being passed. May refused to negotiate with either the Labour Party or the SNP.

I note that you mentioned that the SNP wanted to stay: a very reasonable position given that Scotland voted to remain despite what the orange idiot said to the contrary.

Where does the Irish border come into your explanation?

2 problems as I see it.

• Time would be a problem, particularly if it looses vote.
  • Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s any plan that would pass a vote. If all the Remain vote against, and those that donā€™t like it vote against. How do you get a vote to approve?

Joe, youā€™re right, you havenā€™t followed it carefully. Thereā€™s always been 1/3 of English that have never wanted to be part to EU. Remember, it took 2 votes to approval to join the EU. Although the immigration issue is part of it, the bigger issue was the belief among some that they were losing too much sovereignty to Brussels. Then, of course, there were all the lies the Leave people toldā€¦Money give-aways to Europe, the EU would come beggingā€¦there were just too many to list.

And no one thought about the hard border at Ireland/NI.

EU election have nothing to do with brexit or UK Parliament.,

I canā€™t remember the figure quoted but I think it was something in the order of 300+ million pounds per year would be made available for the NHS was one promise made by those promoting Brexit was a total blatant lie.

I think it may have been as much as Ā£300 million a day at one time. The Leave people had no shame.

Do you ever watch The Last Leg? They have a special contempt for Farage, Johnson, the orange idiot, Rees-Mogg and Jeremy Hunt.

No, I donā€™t follow it that carefully.