May quits as UK prime minister

They were told a bunch of BS which they now see for the lies they were. A 2nd vote would be the eyes wide open vote they didn’t have before.

Which party is bringing the second referendum? Jeremy Corbyn of Labour is against a second referendum the next two biggest parties are the conservatives and Nigel Farage’s new Brexit party, who appears to be going to win the U.K. EU elections.

I don’t know how seriously any of them are pushing a 2nd vote. But it would be the be the best way to see where the country stands right now.

ETA: I’m sure the Leave people don’t want a second vote since they’ve been caught on a whole lot of fibs and have few places to go now. And, the numbers look against them now.

Let’s just say hypothetically they voted “Leave” again? What then?

Then they continue down the crazy path of trying to put together an exit plan.

And they don’t whine when the economy dives.

The EU was quite clear about where it’s red lines were. If we want single market access, we have to accept freedom of movement.

The Brexiteers hand-waved all that away, insisting there was no way the EU would stick to that red line, so we’d be able to have our cake and eat it too.

Leaving with no deal also means a hard border between N.Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, which would be a nightmare. And that’s one of the more simple problems.

■■■■ knows how we’d deal with all the goods coming in at Dover if we have to do customs checks, there is an enormous amount of traffic through the channel. It’s the worlds busiest shipping lane.

2 Likes

He’s from the Euro-skeptic wing of the labour party, chances are in private he was always in favor of Brexit.

Why? May will still be PM on Monday.

Calling them fibs is a very understated comment about how ENORMOUS the LIES made by the pro-Brexit supporters.

Perhaps you can explain to Smyrna et all that it was the idiots within the ERG and members of the DUP that thwarted May’s deal passing the Commons.

Say bye Felicia.

If you think I have any truck with T May and the Conservative Party of the UK, you are so wrong. Her intransigence and the idiots of the ERG is the reason why her deal was not passed in the Commons.

The only thing I think…is how many times you open up your mouth and are wrong. Then…you respond with more arrogance as if that means squat.

I suggest you check who voted for and against the deal in the votes in the House of Commons. The deal was opposed by the members of the ERG. May chose to not engage the opposition parties after she lost her majority at the last general election. The shellacking she got in the three Brexit votes is the result of her incompetence.

I wonder whether you adopt a more resolute position on any other for a you may be a participant of.

1 Like

Odds for a no-deal Brexit are way up since May resigned:

The last polls before the ongoing EU election showed that the Brexit Party is headed for a big win:

The apparent front-runner to replace May is saying he will leave deal or no deal:

The default under the current law is that the UK will leave the EU on October 31. No further votes are required for a no-deal Brexit; I think people have grossly underestimated the likelihood of that occurring.

Boris Johnson will be a disaster for the Tories and the country.

He has a proven track record of saying whatever is expedient at the time and then foppishly laughs it off when his lies are exposed. He has carefully constructed an image of a clumsy bon vivant which seems to resonate with a lot of voters.

1 Like

The House of Commons have voted against a no-deal Brexit.

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1131964775381053440

What he said.

1 Like

I recall a conversation I had with a pom who indicated that he would be celebrating Maggie Thatcher’s death for similar reasons as espoused by the man in the video. A complete lack of empathy and compassion for the less fortunate in UK society.

https://twitter.com/mreco12/status/1048587039254372353?lang=en