Matt Gaetz under federal investigation for relationship with underaged girl

Hey Matt, what is the nature of the information is the blackmailer threatening to expose on you?

Read his Wiki, boy that guy is a piece of work…

No my friend. They don’t “just happen” and to even let such a thing come out of your mouth is way beneath the high standards you are consistent with.

Is it illegal for a federal employee that is working on this case, to leak information to a news source on someone that is very damaging to the individual being investigated but not proven to be true?

As a federal employee who has access to highly sensitive and damaging information to the individual being investigated and it’s also unproven, I’d have a hard time believing that no crime is being committed. That said, it’s you’re area and not mine but if it isn’t a crime…it damn well should be.

Prosecute the leakers!

1 Like

It’s not a crime because of the First Amendment.

They’re not acting as an individual on their own time. They are a professional, hired to do a job, with access to information not accessible to the average person that is not their’s to share IMO.

The government runs on leaks.

Get the fainting couches ready!

Doesn’t matter. “Congress shall make no law…”

The exceptions for material relating to national security and privacy are very narrow.

Yeah, they do just happen. They happen all the time, and have since forever.

Yea and they are then fired as a professional

Half of your positions on this board are based on leaks and innuendo…

Really? I must run a much tighter ship then that the government. Who knew?

Nevemind that Matt Gaetz may be a pedo and sex trafficker… who told the press?! That’s the real crime. Amirite?

The real crime is who leaked that he is a potential pedo!

Unless you have sex trafficking employees I don’t see the comparison as very meaningful. Those same employees leak all the time and talk about things you wish they weren’t. In that environment it’s known as “office gossip”. How much money they’re getting paid, who is sneaking around with who, etc.

1 Like

Do you employ 2.1 million people?

Most leaks are tactical. Many are even authorized.

Man I just looked, ol’ Matt had a lot of smack to talk about Hunter Biden. I am starting to feel the Schaudenfreude.

1 Like

It honestly just seems to be that he won’t stage the world’s least surprising coming out of the closet.

1 Like

What was the accusation against Tucker Carlson, that’s what I want to know.