Matt Gaetz under federal investigation for relationship with underaged girl

There’s a pattern emergent for seemingly all Trump-loyal congresspersons: previously comprised fools of catastrophically unsound judgment; this goes as far back as Nunes, but really starts to culminate in the Gosars, Gaetzs and Greenes.

1 Like

I’d say my vote was more against Trump than for Biden, but yes - I chose the lesser of 2 evils.

And given what happened on January 6, I stand by that decision. This republic would not have survived another Trump term.

1 Like

The reason Rudy didn’t put in the work to make it less clumsy is because he knew he didn’t have to.

3 Likes

Yep - there are enough people that will believe anything Trump or Rudy tell them that he knew it would gain some traction no matter how ridiculous the story was.

cool. a 5 month old article. start a thread.

A few thoughts:

1. The investigation into Gaetz started last summer (2020), and his claims of someone from the DOJ blackmailing him started just this month. So the actual investigation has nothing to do with the blackmailing, it existed before the blackmailer came into the picture.

2. He said he was guilty only of being generous to his ex-GFs. But the statute on child trafficking states that if he has sex or companionship with an underage girl or boy and offers them money, gifts or something of value in return, that is trafficking.

3. In Florida if the girl is 17 and you don’t have parental consent to date her and you are an adult, that is a crime.

4. He is heavily associated with a guy named Joel Greenburg, also from Florida. He was recently charged with sex trafficking. Maybe he is talking.

This doesn’t seem to fare well for Gaetz.

3 Likes

I thought it was really weird that out of nowhere he started talking about his dear Cuban orphan that he called his son, if Matt was a Dad at age 10. Strapping young lad named Nestor. The whole thing was really off, seemed pretty Gaetz.

Looks like his buddy got arrested for sex crimes and started talking.

1 Like

There seems to be a commonality amongst the most vocal Trump supporters. They were either being blackmailed by Trump, or they are simping trying to get some legal cover, as well as keep the rabble out of their yards.

I wonder what Lindsey Graham is hiding that lead to such Trump support after Trump doxxed him.

2 Likes

Two things; 1. if Gaetz had a sexual relationship with a 17 year old, let him be prosecuted to the full extent of any law he broke

1. how is it that the NYT has any information on this at all? Is there not a law against a federal officer leaking this? If so, both ends should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law they broke.
1 Like

Leaks happen. This is nothing new.

Just FYI… It is not illegal for a newspaper to publish news, even if the news is “leaked” and the source can be confirmed (not made public but confirmed). The “Pentagon Papers” case from the '70s but that idea to bed.

WW

Now his sole no vote against a bill meant to curtail human trafficking makes sense.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2017/12/29/florida-rep-matt-gaetz-was-literally-the-only-person-to-vote-against-an-anti-human-trafficking-bill

3 Likes

PizzaGaetz.

4 Likes

Lmao I just saw the Tucker clip finally. Gaetz completely tries to pull Tucker into his alibi and Tucker is like I have no idea what you’re talking about.

I’m sure the Q types are all over the trafficking angle on this one amirite?

3 Likes

Nope. It is all part of the plan.

1 Like

apparently, it’s part of the plan.

1 Like

Nick Fuentes out there defending Gaetz saying that the age of consent law is a feminists construct and shouldn’t matter.

Eventually all the projecting catches up with you

1 Like

With the exception of material related to National Security and some personal information, like SSNs or tax filings, it is not a crime for a federal employee to leak information to the press.

They could get fired for it, and possibly sued. But it’s not a crime.