Matt Gaetz under federal investigation for relationship with underaged girl

Yes, I do. Hunter was supposed to be Trump’s October surprise. He certainly learned a bit of scandal can lower his opponents chances, even if not true. HRC was bombarded with email nonsense nonstop and it really hurt her chances. “Lock her up” became a standard at his rallies, with him leading the chant.

What did he do when he became President? Did he indeed lock her up? No, of course not.

So he wanted to do the same thing again with Biden, but Biden isn’t seen in the same light as HRC, he is a decent man. He couldn’t find an effective nickname like “Crooked Hillary” so his cabal of buffoons came up with a plan.

Attack his kid and make it seem like the Biden was a “Crime Family”.

Hunter had dealings in the Ukraine. The Ukraine is historically corrupt, so there was a lot to work with. Problem was they just underwent reform and most of the nastiest customers were out of power, having absconded with billions of dollars.

Still, those guys were willing to work with Trump, and emissaries flew back and forth working up a plan. Trump would squeeze the new President and insist he announce an investigation into Hunter. The new President resisted, the whole thing got leaked and Trump got impeached.

Biden’s lead widened.

Next came the soggy laptop nonsense. Lots of play in Conservative media but little in mainstream due to it containing hacked material, and the overarching number of voters simply didn’t care.

The entire story of Hunter has little to do with Hunter and more to do with a desperate man in the White House trying anything to hurt his political rival. Sad part is, had he simply did his job, lead on the COVID response and protected the American people, he probably would have won handily.

His obsession of Biden reminds me a lot of Nixon and his obsessions. He was going to win easily over McGovern but still chose to proceed with his dirty tricks, break-ins and the like. And it cost him the Presidency.

15 Likes

Hot damn that was good… :clap:

1 Like

Throw in that Hunter was (in my opinion) making dollars using his connection to Biden. A tried and true and legal tradition, but unseemly.

Throw in that some of that business was with Chinese businesses. And China is Baaaaaad. Although we are doing business with them accross industry on a truly massive scale without locking up our C-level executives.

Throw in that Biden’s brother also had business interests that may be due to his connection to Biden.

Puffing up these unseemly and unpopular activities into “the greatest crime ever” just didn’t stick. And in general influence peddling is not illegal so I would not expect the DOJ to do much.

Sex trafficking on the other hand is unseemly and much easier to deem illegal.

Doing business with China is only bad when your political opponents son does it.

WW

1 Like

Very similar to looking the other way when hiring illegal aliens. A bedrock practice across our agricultural regions.

Given how I’ve seen many teenagers act, I’m not so sure I’m terribly bothered by seventeen years of age.

Victim blaming, how pleasant.

2 Likes

I don’t know if she was a victim, do you?

If she is under 18.
its not hard to confirm.

Well this turned weird.

I can see your point. I wonder where her parents were?

doesn’t matter, having sex with a minor is a crime.

Still victim blaming.

I haven’t posted in a long time, but you really need to be careful about this.

1 Like

I’m not disagreeing. I’m pointing out that given the way many 17 year old’s behave, 17 is not that heinous of an age. For all we know she could have been 2 days away from being 18.

I’m not excusing his behavior. Yes, it is illegal. Yes, if he is guilty of it he should be charged for it.

A mile of difference between a 17 having “relationship” sex with an 18-20 year old that they are legitimately dating and a fully adult person cruising, grooming, paying and trafficking them.

Full story needs to come out, but this does not Sound like Gaetz just happened to be a year older than his high school sweetie.

2 Likes

True. I hope it does.

The dude was in his 30’s.

He has no business having sex with a 17 year old

Especially trafficking in having sex with young women

Dude is a creeper.

He is not worth making excuses for.

1 Like

You are excusing it. You’re implying 17 isn’t that big a deal. You are belittling statutory rape and taking a minor across state lines for sex. That is sex trafficking. Watch how you say things.

1 Like

There is something to be said to Trump’s credit that his animal cunning identified Biden as the biggest threat to his re-election when everyone else in the world had written him off.

1 Like