Mass migration in the UK (and elsewhere) has not been the utopian dream that the liberals promised

:rofl: No it’s not.

Yes it is.

You voted for it

“unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point.”

There actually is jungle in Venezuela, Honduras and Guatemala.

1 Like

There are some differences now.

Cool. Thinking of immigration as “importing the jungle” is racist.

No, it’s not.

Call it urbanization then.

Oh that is rich ci coming from an American whose history involved abducting Africans and making them slaves.
But ya it all started a few years back.
If immigration has been what your country was built on and in that short period, you are the most powerful nation on earth.
Maybe just maybe its a good thing.

Jungles are racist? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Is it okay if we call it importing the zoo?

You woke guys crack me up. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Americans didn’t do that. Your lot (lumping the Irish in as part of Great Britain) did, along with Portugal, France and Spain. And furthermore, 95% of the African slaves brought to the Americas, never set foot in the British colonies that became the U.S. Perhaps you should reread that history you talk about.

Here’s your problem, you keep wanting to turn this into some moral argument, whereas myself and @WuWei, @thinkingman, @SixFoot, @DougBH, @TheRedComet, etc., are making a political argument, as well as a socioeconomic one. Just because someone doesn’t want an incessant flow of millions and millions and millions of the world’s impoverished citizens into the country doesn’t make that person a racist. Just because you want immigration to be based on merit and the economic needs of the country doesn’t make one a racist. Furthermore, the links and evidence provided in this thread and elsewhere demonstrate that there’s many negative aspects to mass migration.

3 Likes

That’s not the difference, but I like it.

Are you ok?

Who told you that?

These aren’t immigrants, they’re transplants.

He/she has never seen a jungle.

How we handle the border is a moral question though.

Do we handle it by committing the necessary resources to solve the problem in a manner that is fair or do we handle it in a way that increases suffering?

Suffering by whom?

Emotional baggage is all they have. It’s all they know. :wink:

It doesn’t make one racist but it is interesting how legal immigration seeps through in these discussions where posters continuously repeat - “well they should do it the legal way.”