Mark Burnett told me that I don’t use the N Word

You can use it however you want without any guidelines or permission or whatever your objection may be.

No one is going to stop you.

Just don’t act surprised if someone thinks that you are a racist ■■■■■■■ for doing so.

It’s 2018 and you have been told.

No excuses anymore.

It is absolutely your choice, but get ready for those repercussions once you call a black person the N word.

Nobody I know or associate with in Ohio has ever said it in my presence, but I have only been here about 15 years. I don’t think Imhave heard anyone use it for close to thirty and they weren’t friends. No doubt people still use it but not in my circles that I am aware of. Almost everyone I know is a college educated professional with many of them having black people in their extended family, myself included. What makes you think people who know me and know I have a black nephew would be comfortable using such a word around me?

What a hero.

Is that supposed to be a deterrent? If I were so inclined it wouldn’t be hard to get away with. You aren’t always identifiable and not that many people pose a physical threat to me. No, that isn’t why I don’t use it.

I do have an uncle I can remember using it on more than one occasion back in the day. Pretty sure he stopped once he had a half dozen black grand kids though.

So, why don’t you use it?

Because I find it offensive and hurtful to others, because it attacks and attempts to degrade people based upon the color of their skin. The same reasons most people don’t.

:+1:

10 char

Hell the white people I know break out into a cold sweat and whisper if for some reason they have to even utter the word black and will do anything they can think of to avoid resorting to describing or referencing race period, unless the race in question is white people.

I said you don’t get to dictate the RULES around the word. I didn’t say don’t get the choice to use the word.

Where are these rules located and what is the mechanism of enforcement? Do you mean to say I don’t get to dictate how people react to it?

You create the precedent. I hope you will be happy with the consequences.

Don’t say the word…ever… is rule number 1-9.

Rule 10 is if you a black person gives you permission, you can say it in front of them.

Put it on your refrigerator

Lol, sorry, black people or any other group or individual have authority over me and I do not need their permission to exercise my right to speak whatever I like.

In fact about the only reason I can envision my ever using it would be someone trying to assert they had the power to force me not to just to watch them try and back it up.

You haven’t heard anyone say the N word in a racist context in thirty years? Since 1988? In the Rust Belt?

There is absolutely, positively no way that ■■■■ is even close to true unless you are a shut in with self diagnosed Asperger’s.

They clearly are. Watching white people bitch and moan they can’t say ■■■■■■ is always hilarious to watch. It’s racist! Lmao

The first time I posted here that it’s racist that black people can say the n word but white people can’t, I was being sarcastic.

But now I think that I described their position.

This conservative “fairness dictates that we all can do what everyone else can do, or else it’s racism, injustice, or tyranny” belief can lead to some ridiculous acts of self sabotage.

Don’t know what to tell you. I am not a shut in, but I don’t go to bars or generally hang out with strangers. So where should I have heard it used outside of friends and family? In a movie theater? In a department store? Do you think people in the rust belt go around shouting the N word or something?

The only racist thing I have personally witnessed in the last couple of year was a car with N word lover written on it in the dust of a car in a Georgia McDonalds parking lot, the wife and I were both shocked that people still behaved that way precisely because it’s not something we are accustomed to coming in contact with.

How hasn’t this not been a smashing success? Convincing straight white guys they’re the real victims of society and everyone else isn’t really victimized, they’re just doing it to victimize you has worked very well.