Mark Burnett told me that I don’t use the N Word

You are delusional dude. I mean seriously. Libs are going nuts over the possibility of Trump used the N word. Not me. I dont care much because it’s used by the very people who it supposedly offends. And they did not earn the right to say it. All those who did are dead now. So its YOU PEOPLE who need to show integrity. Are you going to hold Trump to a standard that you have maintained without fail all your life ? Or are you just gonna be typical lib hypocrites.

Dont confuse me with your wacko lib buddies.

Cool story bro, good night

Nobody seems to care more than Ishmael.

What would one have to do in order to earn the right to say the N word? What is the criteria?

By that same token you didn’t EARN the right to live in the USA. Your parents or grandparents did.

Being an ass would be a good start. Asses can say the word all day long.

As I stated earlier I used the word discussing race relations with some guys (who were black) on my college football team (I was the lone white guy in the running back room) and with other (mostly black) fellow NCOs during my Army career. In both cases the guys I was talking with knew me well enough to know I wasn’t a racist and I would never use the term as a pejorative, so we were all comfortable to have some really good discussions. As a black man, does that make any sense?

Makes perfect sense! You were seeking to educate yourself and you were around people who felt comfortable enough with you to speak freely.

I am a military brat and grew up around mostly white people. Some of my white friends would always talk to me about the word but never use it casually or in a derogatory way.

You did it the right way and with acceptance.

Thank you. Respect. I think in these discussions we learned a lot from each other. I never knew the challenges a lot of black folks faced growing up and some of my black friends didn’t realize not all white folks were racists and some wanted to educate themselves about people from other cultures.

As an aside, my best friend in Basic Training was a black guy from Idaho. When we met I told him I didn’t think there were any black guys from Idaho. He replied, there aren’t any, I’m here now. We sort of hit it off after that.

Then where do you get all of your silly talking points?

My main news outlet, the one I read most frequently, is my online subscription to the New York Times. I don’t have talking points, I have opinions.

Color me unbelieving.

Color me unconcerned with what you do or don’t believe.

By the way, my favorite radio station, NPR.

Cool story.

It appears that almost none of the republicans, here on the Sean Hannity forum, did a combination of these three things…

Voted for Bush
Supported the Patriot Act
Listens or watches Rush or Fox

Trump wasn’t a miracle. That is.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t buy it either.

Voted for Bush Twice, supported part but not all of the Patriot Act, have never been a Rush listener though I have heard him on rare occasions, no longer watch Fox or cable news in general for that matter.

I didn’t listen to Rush or Fox for decades but I wanted to hear what they were saying over the last year. So I will listen in at times or read their words. The stuff that is said here is many times word for word. As I’m sure everyone knows.

1 Like

I’ve listened to Rush and Sean and the best I can say is I have no comment. Or more precisely, I’m not allowed to have a comment.

2 Likes

My favorite phrase. Often uttered by a dude with a confederate flag on his Chevy 10.

3 Likes

Of course. It seems that you are saying that if you know someone, you can call 'em the N word… so long as you smile.

Suppose a white person calls another white person the N word? Which chapter in your law book do we find how to judge that person?

Suppose you use the word so that no black person can hear and be offended, hurt, and degraded? What is the verdict then?

What if you are really really good to black people… kinda like LBJ was for signing the CRA? Does that make things different if they use the word?