Mar-a-Lago files request to hire 61 foreign temporary workers

$11.46 an hour? :rofl:

hah! :ok_hand:

Yes. How many college kids (as the post I replied to implied they could do it) have a lot of server/waitress experience? Not to mention higher end establishment experience.

Probably like the ski resort I worked at after High School. They couldn’t get enough locals to sign on for the 6 or 7 month season for lift operators, They didn’t import from out of the country for lift operators, but they did for ski patrol and snowmakers. Lift operators they brought in from the Michigan area.

Um I don’t think that was said in the OP, in point of fact the OP was pointing out how hypocritical it was for Trump to do such a thing beings that he campaigned on bring jobs back here, America First, and such.

The two steak houses here will not hire wait staff who doesn’t have several years experience. Some of the other resturants I think the only thing they require is you have a pulse.

When you eat at them, you can tell the difference in the staff.

Republicans are rightly working to stop illegal immigration and wrongly working to curtail or eliminate legal immigration. Meanwhile, the leader of the party is hiring foreign workers because he can’t find Americans to do the job at the ■■■■ wages he’s offering.

Nice consistency there.

Funny, was in this industry for ages and generally fine dining places prefer people with less experience because they don’t have to unlearn all the bad habits they picked up at less ritzy joints. And that’s just front of the house. Line cooks? You can have a line out the door in ten minutes of qualified hirees.

20 Visas for freaking cooks? How do you even defend this silliness?

2 Likes

Most people in the bar/restaurant business are between college age or a few years older. They’re the heart of the workforce in an industry where a twenty five percent annual turnover rate means you’re a great place to work.

i thought we were putting America first…

who ever said anything about north america silly

1 Like

20 H-2 Visas for 20 freaking cooks. You can’t make this ■■■■ up. :rofl:

1 Like

you only want the best cooks to leave raw meat out

Right…i dont wanna hear ■■■■ about Americans losing their jobs to illegals

pretty sure Donald Trump does not get involved with cooks and servers right now.

But go ahead and pretend he does.

need to stop those visas.

you will continue about illegals taking jobs away.

It’s his business. He could order them to only hire Americans any time he wanted. Instead, he hires foreigners. #MAGA!

im not the one complaining… there arent Americans lined up to pick fruit, cabbage or what ever labor intensive job migrant workers do… so please stop … Trump is a hypocrite and you all bought it hook, line and sinker

1 Like

cry about it

the only things I wanted he akready delivered. My guy won. But you were tricked into believing yours. Hahahahahaha…