Mar-a-Lago files request to hire 61 foreign temporary workers

I’m finding it hard to believe that a hotel can’t find 40 food servers and 21 cooks.

40 of the visas were for servers, while 21 were for cooks.The latest request sets the wages at $12.68 per hour for the servers and $13.31 for the cooks. Due to terms set by the visa, employees can only work for the company that sponsors the visa itself. The servers and cooks would work October through May.

.>

There are 22 colleges and universities within 50 miles of Palm Beach, FL. Six within 10 miles. October to May would be prime time to hire college students to work part time over varying shifts to fill the need for servers.

But no, instead of recruiting and hiring 80-120 American’s to work part-time days, nights, weekends to pay for college - Trump imports foreigners.

Ya, MAGA.

.>>>>

1 Like

how many college students would apply using a fax though

Well, now we know where some of the missing Guatemalan babies are.

1 Like

Reps know the difference between legal and Illegal immigration…

3 Likes

Hope they’re not from ■■■■■■■■ countries.

question becomes, how many have the experience of high end resturants, and can work basically full time for 7 months then be off for 5?

Put out an ad for seasonal service industry work on Indeed and get a hundred responses the first day. Especially somewhere that is entirely seasonal like Florida.

1 Like

“High end restaurants”, like it takes an amazing type of skills to server in one. :rofl:

Even in my at best medium sized cities, I’ve known guys for years who specifically travel to Florida to work for snowbird season. My best friend ended up moving down there after going to Orlando to work four or five years in a row

that is why last year those workers came mostly from Haiti and Romania…

Yep, those “high end restaurants” sure are abundant in Haiti, waaaaay too many of them.

No one from Norway?

Seriously?

those might be for the vinyard,
https://lcr-pjr.doleta.gov/index.cfm?event=ehLCJRExternal.dspJobOrderView&frm=PJR&task=view_job_order&view=external&lcjr_id=126680

They look for people who have experience in that atmosphere. We have a high end one for a rural area and they won’t just hire anyone off the street, but those who can show a lot of experience and the customer service they can provide. here however wage + tips they make a hell of a lot of money.

Trump was a hypocrite when they elected him so no one should be surprised.

1 Like

We are told that illegal aliens are good for the country because there are so many jobs Americans won’t do. Then, when someone hires legal aliens, we are told this is terrible because there are always Americans who can be found to do these jobs.
Nice consistency there.

3 Likes

Get outta here with that noise, I was in the restaurant business for 10 years and that’s not how it works. I was hired off the street for “high end” restaurants when I first started. The only requirement was that I had to speak English well.

1 Like

You mean speak English good :smile: