Manafort and Cohen..... Nothing Burgers?

They haven’t denuked, and have no plans to. And Trump loves him.

Still working on it… Love is good.

You are so right. That crossed my mind the minute I clicked “reply” and I thought about updating my post.

No, there’s no work on it going on right now.

So you’re cool with negotiating with terror leaders without preconditions? You guys used to hate that.

Every single leak that has come from this investigation was conveniently timed up to when a Trump administration official learned about it. Maybe the hyper-professional investigation team has continued to not leak anything.

1 Like

I think this is the falsehood being spread around (again).

The CEC and of course the biggest parrot of the CEC, our president (sadly), made bogus claims. The of course the CEC continued to spread this, and the AM radio listeners believed every drop. Gulp gulp gulp.

I learned over the weekend where all the “Biden Rule” nonsense has been coming from-right-wing talk.

Rush himself claimed on his radio show last week that:

So Mitch McConnell and the boys said, “Hey, we’re simply invoked the Biden Rule here on Merrick Garland. Obama’s in his swan’s song year, and Joe Biden said way back when that you shouldn’t have a Supreme Court nomination and a confirmation battle during a presidential election year, and so the Republicans didn’t. The Democrats are fit to be tied. They think Merrick Garland was savaged and cheated out of a seat. They think they were cheated out of a seat.

Of course, that’s not what Biden said at all. All you have to do is watch the video to see what Biden ACTUALLY said, but that hasn’t stopped right-wing media and AM talk radio from stating things that were never said in order to justify what they did to Garland.

1 Like

i think the OP is too much like Trump. the integrity of the Mueller investigation is probably foreign to him.

Um it’s inside sixty days before a federal election.

1 Like

I think some people have been watching too much Law & Order that it’s gotten to the point where they think the Mueller team is supposed to give the dullards of America periodic updates on what’s going on in the investigation, who they’re talking to, what they’re talking about, and the threads they’re continuing to investigate. You know, because that’s how all criminal investigations work.

1 Like

Exactly. Sekulow and Giuliani admitted it came from them and was a summation of the questions Mueller was looking to ask Trump. Good gravy what a fail by the OP. :rofl:

And why do people like Rush get away with blatantly and obviously deceiving their audience like this? Because they know that they can. They know the intellectual incuriosity of their audience is only surpassed by their desperate need for confirmation bias. So these yarns are spun with complete disregard for the truth, as they know their audience has no desire to fact-check them. It is part of what is doing grave harm to our society.

4 Likes

I was watching Trump lead the UN Security Council meeting and he was saying how there were many positive things going on with NK that is being kept secret. And Pompeo was sitting behind him keeping a straight face.

Yep.

My parents are perennial Dittoheads. They’ve been listeners as long as there’s been AM talk radio. And they’re major sharers of #FakeNews on social media.

They’ve been conditioned to believe that anything they hear that aligns with their beliefs is true without fact-checking at all. And that’s really weird because I know my dad is super smart-he has his master’s in horticulture, was in the army (engineering), worked in a nuclear plant…and my mom was a real estate agent. But when it comes to politics they (and all my aunts and uncles) believe every word spoon fed to them by AM radio, Fox, whackadoodle social media pages, etc. They give zero scrutiny to those sources because those sources make them feel good.

1 Like

Almost every time that I listen to Rush he will begin a rant with “Let me tell you how Liberals think” and then broad brush bash Liberals as being unintelligent, uncaring and around evil people. And to be fair, there have been a fair share of progressive talkers who spew hate lines against the Conservatives. I realize it is all about ratings. But it does bother me that these individuals seem to care little about the hate they generate in the public.

3 Likes

Pompeo is cracking down on improper use of commas inside his department. I don’t think that makes me like him, but it’s the first thing to come out of this administration that I actually support.

1 Like

They are expecting a report where Robert Mueller is standing next to Gil Grissom and they field questions about the investigation.

That’s exactly why we get so many threads on this forum telling us all what liberals are really thinking. Those around here who are dittoheads are total parrots. It’s very obvious whose radios are all set to their local AM station and whose TV are permanently set to Fox.

You can usually tell what Rush talked about based on the threads that are started in the afternoon.

2 Likes

Bingo. The bold summarizes it perfectly. It is about how it makes you feel. Which is dangerous in an age where instant information can only further solidify your biases and feelings.

2 Likes