Make puerto rico and washington dc states

There is only one balance sheet but there are two sides of it. DC is on the expense side of our nation’s financial statement…so to speak.

Yup, cause their historical penchant for being dysfunctional is because we haven’t made them states yet. Once we do that, just like magic, all the kooks and crazies, and the corrupt and incompetent will sit down and fade away.

We aren’t stopping any of them from leaving. We told Puerto Rico they were free to leave way back in 1935. And we allowed the Philipines to go back in 1946.

Currently the GOP-Controlled House manages the DC purse.

That I will support. As soon as you stop violating the Constitution.

Cut 'em loose. Hawaii too.

Could PR become part of Florida… politically?

I’m not recommending that. I’m just wondering if there are such options.

As far as recommendations, I’d offer PR statehood but only if they bring up their standards and hold them for 20 years.

What violations?

The constant and consistent violations of the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution.

1 Like

That issue ended with the Heller decision. The friends I have that applied for their licenses all received them. I agree DC dragged their feet, and also agree that anyone that applies should receive one, but the city is doing what they should.

I will admit it has gotten better. The city is doing what they were forced to do.

I recently read a step by step account by a guy getting his. Granted he was from out of state, but it was not great.

Agree that they aren’t making it easy.

And I’ll say it again. I’ve lived in DC the past 18 years. I know very few people who want statehood. I think we all understand the GOP will never support any kind of representation, so for now what we want is to control the city, especially our budget.

It’s not easy in Texas.

Retrocession to Maryland would be most ideal and I the residents of the District (proposed Columbia County) can vote to have home rule status, which gives them more power and reduces the Maryland State Legislatures control over them. Plus it solves the “taxation without representation” issue. Being a home rule county in Maryland would give residents much more local power than they have now.

Sure. GOP House will never agree. They like control and power to much to give it up.

That’s odd. I figured it would easy in Texas.

Here it’s pretty simple for the most part. Constitutional open carry and we can conceal carry without a permit. Although there are numerous stipulations to conceal carrying, like where you can carry and the firearm must be in a holster. Can’t just put a small pistol in your pocket and be legal. But as long as it’s in a holster no permit is required.

Mississippi is working it’s way to where it needs to be in regards to the second. We still have a lot of work to do.

once again sneaky show all he cares about if his precious boom boom device…

No. Sneaky cares about following the constitution.

We get it, you’re a hoplophobe.

holophobe is just a word made up by teh gun fetishists