Majority support impeachment, think Senate trial was unfair, and don't think Trump was cleared of wrongdoing

He doesn’t have to change anything, just sue these freaks ignoring American immigration laws.:joy:

That’s because it was more than one post ago. :rofl:

Bill Clinton says “Hi!”

As someone who supports the Second Amendment and also supports expansion of gun control, I do not understand why so many people who post here believe there is a real possibility of the government taking people’s firearms away, but I don’t state there is no reason for such beliefs, I try to understand them.

My point here is that it may be hard for a large number of Americans to understand how government policy is perceived by Hispanic Americans or by legal immigrants. It is not condescending to suggest that there may be opinions and fears one does not understand. It is far more condescending to announce “this is what Hispanics should believe” or “the is what gun owners should believe.”

If I may quote what you wrote "Sanctuary Cities will end when Trump makes it legal to sue the Politicians supporting them!’

So you were saying Trump has to legalize such suits, i.e., he has to change the law. So my question remains, how does the President unilaterally change the law? Or are you saying that your prior post was in error?

An admission from the Brennan Center, a group that doesn’t want these questions asked and believes that illegals should be considered for “fair representation”.

“Under the Constitution, seats in the House of Representatives are divided among the states every 10 years based on the population count that the census generates. Seats in the Electoral College are allocated the same way. States also use census data to draw district lines for congressional and state legislative seats – a necessary process to make sure communities are fairly represented. Census data also guides the distribution of hundreds of billions of dollars in federal aid. It informs statistical publications that help business owners and local governments make key decisions on matters ranging from marketing and investment to the assignment of police beats. And it provides academic researchers, journalists, and others with invaluable demographic information.”

At least they admit why they want illegals represented…so that they can get fair representation and tax resources.
I disagree with them, but they don’t pretend they just don’t want Hispanics to feel bad.

If California wants to be a Sanctuary State, they should get extra Congressional seats and tax resources, right?

No, his views haven’t evolved. McConnell has always opted for party and power over country. The way he handled impeachment in the Senate is ironclad confirmation.

Mcconnell view changed because their is a Republican President.

He handled that partisan impeachment done for political gain exactly the way he should have handled it…for the good of the country.

I can’t believe you would allege such a thing.

I am taking Turkeys advice. He said to take the time to investigate and take disputes to the courts.

So I just glanced at this thread over lunch. Just a thought.

It’s February 2020…the impeachment is over and all it accomplished was to make a bunch of leftists look silly. Sorry but …

It would be appropriate to move on and take a shot at something silly like good governance and policy ideas…cause the impeachment is over.

Now…do I expect that to happen…nope. The same people who in 2020 are still trying to overturn the results of the 2016 election aren’t going to give it up, which is sad.

2 Likes

White washing the trial to hid evidence and prevent testimony wasn’t “for the good of the country”.

It was for party over country.
.WW, PHS

This shows the breakdown. Most independents lean one way or another…
Independents approval rating is in the mid 30’s.

Republicans Independents Democrats
% % %
2020 Jan 2-15 27 45 27
2019 Dec 2-15 28 41 28
2019 Nov 1-14 30 38 31
2019 Oct 14-31 28 39 31
2019 Oct 1-13 26 43 29
2019 Sep 16-30 26 44 29
2019 Sep 3-15 29 38 31
2019 Aug 15-30 26 42 30

Why does the Brennan Center get the last word on this issue?

Remember the case for the question collapsed in the courts because the Adminstration could not provide a credible and non-contradictory rationale, and failed to follow the legal processes to update the census not because the Brennan Center offered an opinion.

How will Trump do that?

Another power you’re going to grant to the Imperial Presidency because it’s “doing something you like”?

Enforcing federal immigration laws? Enforcing Federal laws has always been a thing for the Federal government.
Why don’t Democrats want our laws enforced?

Tell me where in immigration law it allows for the President to make it legal to sue state and local government officials who pass sanctuary laws.

Take your time…I’ll wait.

In the Constitution. Just as the Federal Government enforced civil rights laws in States that tried to block those laws, they can use the court system to enforce immigration laws in states that try to block that enforcement.
Congress wrote those laws. It is the President’s job to enforce those laws.

4 Likes

They got the laws overturned…they weren’t allowed to sue the lawmakers who wrote the laws.