Looks like Brennan and company has some explaining to do

So if it comes out that Trump has been laundering Russian money for over a decade, and is compromised and has been acting in Russian agents and a host of other crimes, he wouldn’t lose any Republican support?

You’re probably right.

2 Likes

There no evidence of this other than the voices in our President’s head.

1 Like

Given everything they have given him a pass on to date? There is no probably about it, if you still support him at this point, I can’t think of anything that is going to do it. And by comes out, you mean is accused of, at least, that’s how they’ll be seeing it. Nope, he’s serving at least one full term, and I’d be happy to place a sig bet on it if you think otherwise.

I like the way he tried lecturing about the dangers of harm done to our democracy.

Senator McConnell & Speaker Ryan: If Mr. Trump continues along this disastrous path, you will bear major responsibility for the harm done to our democracy. You do a great disservice to our Nation & the Republican Party if you continue to enable Mr. Trump’s self-serving actions.

When that ■■■■■■■ was a threat to our Constitutional Republic,

I wonder how many others within our goverment feel they are vanguards of democracy…and what will they do to protect it?

Scary when you think about it.

Rod “The Weasel” Rosenstein. :wink:

I completely agree that Republicans would still support an actual, bona fide traitor and financial criminal.

The only thing that would make them stop supporting Trump is if he stops punching Mexicans.

But yet you don’t feel we have a right to question goverment officials…and their motives.

That’s an opinion piece…that’s not news.

Oh please, pretend Obama couldn’t get away with just about anything for the same reason, because Democrats impeaching him would have been the end of that party. And have you erased this from your memory?

Of course that was (D)ifferent, because they avoided a special counsel and were able to find themselves not guilty. And there weren’t elected Democrats out to nail Clinton.

When a Republican starts a thread with the words “Looks like” in the thread title, it’s basically the same tell that “If true” is. In other words, its gonna turn out to be all a bunch of nonsense.

1 Like

It’s not a waste to investigate a potential crime, even if it turns up nothing.

I wish I could live in an alternate reality…

Says the guy supporting a president who is demanding the doj investigate a political appointant

Why…you been OK with it for years.

Me and my liberal elite friends used to have a thought experiment for what it would take for trumps base to turn and I THOUGHT I had a good answer, but then Roy Moore came along and was highly supported by the Republican mainstream so now I’m not so sure. He might be able to do anything.

You have one setting: vague apocalyptic drama that never really comes to fruition.

Setting aside all the bizarre stylistic sturm and drang,Trump has governed–or, passively, enabled governance–in a way that’s largely movement conservative (regressive tax cuts, attempts at deregulation, social conservatism, culture wars, etc., with some variation on trade and immigration). He’s done so in a clumsy, inefficient way. He’s not particularly popular. The GOP will get nothing major accomplished in the next sixth months. Democrats will probably have a decent showing in the midterms. By your earlier predictions about the destruction of the Democrat party, shouldn’t the GOP be looking to gain supermajorities in the House and Senate?

So where’s the big crash? Like, do you think Obama, Clinton, Mueller, whoever are going to prison or something?

6 Likes

Probably. I think that’s a reasonable theoretical principle, as there’s no real evidence that counters it.

I’m getting the sense you libs are running pretty scared…I wonder why?

Are teh walls closing in around em?

Again, what does that even mean in this context? More vague apocalyptic drama that never really comes to fruition. Trump can’t do infrastructure or get ACA repeal, among other things. An enormous portion of his time and energy is spent focused on managing a massive, mutlilayered scandal. He’s unpopular. The Democrats will probably do okay in the midterms. I’ll still take this over President Cruz or President Rubio any day of the week.

Sure, he could (conceivably, however unlikely it was) have done some of the things you said he was going to do to the Democratic Party (“destruction” and massive realignment), but he hasn’t.

3 Likes