Looking Back at the 'Rona Hysteria

Mmmmm

3 Likes

Of course they did, they’re pols. Economists on the economy.

Tell me something, you feel it was a coincidence that the vaccine approval timing was days after the election?

4 Likes

No mention of teachers laying on beaches, refusing to work, etc.

The Ronasteria damaged yet another generation.

3 Likes

Take the Conspiracy Wagon on down the road

1 Like

This really is one stupid, mean and borderline evil post. Why don’t you save your disdain for those who created this virus, who concluded that their gain of knowledge, exceeded the risk of it escaping the lab and killing millions?

3 Likes

This thread shows a complete 180 of positions taken on Covid from both sides. It’s fun to read.

1 Like

were these viruses not designed specifically to be extra virulent etc?

Yeah shaking hands is a weird tradition.

Unless they are close friends or family I don’t shake hands.

For everyone else I tip my cap to them if I’m wearing one. If I’m not wearing a cap I just nod.

1 Like

We were told how badly Trump handled this while he left it up to the states to make the decisions about masks and lockdowns.
Biden said he had a plan.
When elected, he announced that decisions like masks and lockdowns were up to the states.
A brilliant plan.

4 Likes

Agreed. Shaking hands is gross, and I am glad it might be going away.

Let’s do neckties next.

4 Likes

I’m sure that happens from time to time. Because every time that happens it’s pointed out. It’s front and center. But you know what goes unsaid? When an employee takes the first two weeks off in August to take a vacation in Florida. Then when he comes back has to take two more weeks off to quarantine before he comes back to work. All fully paid without using his days.

Yes, they rolled the dice and got 2 weeks on the house. Literally dozens of people did this. At least at my job. Who wouldn’t? I’m sure it’s not just my job. But you’ll never hear about this because you look like the suckers you are. You’d rather tell some obscure sob story.

2 Likes

the sad fact is, he believed he was lying, when in fact what he said was more right than what he believed to be true.

He was lying - at the time.

ye, that was the gyst of the post. The Irony that his “lie” was closer to the truth than the “truth” he believed

2 Likes
  1. Masks in general were used improperly. Everyone who works for a hospital or a medical facility that is inspected by the department of health, knows what PPE is for this type of exposure risk, and they all knew the masking society was doing was not correct.
  2. My medical choices are none of your business and are protected by HIPAA. The people at a store, restaurants, airlines, etc, my vaccinations status is and never has been their business.
  3. The government cannot force me to put something in my body I do not want to.

Looking back, I would do absolutely nothing different.
I have changed so much in my life as far as my participation in society in general. Not for fear of illness, but more from realizing that there are group of people who believe they are better than other people.
They believe they have the right coerce the ones they can’t convince. I choose to avoid those people other than on this forum.

2 Likes

The difference between compliance and engagement.

1 Like

The 2020 election went wrong. Biden and Dems exposed themselves with their tyrannical lock down policies and forced vaccine mandates, the same vaccine they Trump trashed, I’m amazed how that fact apparently just went “swish” right over Democrat voters heads in the 2022 election. This country is on the verge of being too dumb to live.

1 Like

I’m a mail carrier. I’m sure a few of my compadres did the same thing. I know your pain.

Your wife is a epidemiologist and she didn’t know that the way society was masking wasn’t gonna work?
I just did my annual compliance modules for the hospital and it’s the same as it has been for the last 15 years. If you are trying to prevent spreading disease that can spread by contact, airborne, or droplet, wearing a cheap little mask that you hang from your rear view mirror or shove in your purse, touch the inside and outside with your hands and then wear it over and over ain’t gonna work.

So wearing a mask did nothing to my womanhood. What the mandates did was make me realize that the government can coerce intelligent people that society trusts, to lie in order to keep their jobs and not get crucified on social media.

3 Likes

To be clear, I didn’t travel in 2020 and 2021. The flights I refereed to were in 2022.

1 Like