Look At DeSantis Go!

Update

1 Like

Yeah. They are making one huge flop right after the other. That is the logical reason they don’t have that billion dollars to spend.
Its not just their awful movies, they wasted about a billion on a fake Starwars hotel after ruining the franchise.
Spending a billion on moving offices is not a priority now.
Besides, they wouldn’t want to deprive California of all those taxes as they go after corporations and the wealthy.

2 Likes

So my first instincts was right

A spokesperson for DeSantis said Thursday it was “unsurprising” that Disney would cancel the project “given the company’s financial straits, falling market cap and declining stock price.”

He’s not wrong. But Disney’s financial problems have much more to do with its money-guzzling streaming business and its rapidly dwindling profit from traditional cable TV.

And that Disney and left-wing media was using their problems as hatchet job to attack DeSantis.

Long time ago reading New York Times I’ve learn it’s not allows what the media is saying…it’s what they’re not saying is the truth.

Surprised that CNN came out with partial truth. My guess there is still more behind there financial troubles.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:t5:

This should work out well…

If he ends up the GOP nominee I guarantee libs on here will be declaring him racists. They will say it was sooooo bad in FL, NAACP had to issue a warning as proof. It is all a plan for 2024.

5 Likes

That article is so far from reality it’s laughable.

2 Likes

Wasn’t your first instinct that there was no plan to begin with? Or was that you having a bit of fun? :grin:

You know it can be both right?

That Disney can’t afford it and that Disney wants to stick it to desantis by cutting this particular project instead of something else…

1 Like

Not much difference between the NAACP and the SPLC these days.

2 Likes

Yes, that was one reason I thought of. But I know the way they were selling this story something wasn’t right/fishy. There we far more too it that they weren’t telling.

Anymore questions?

How many people who would possibly consider voting for DeSantis would be influenced by the shenanigans of the NAACP or SPLC?

Always :grin:

Ask away. :wink:

My instincts were right…they weren’t telling the truth when they cancelled the project because of DeSantis.

Am sure you read articles where red flags start popping up.

Does Florida really want a billion dollar office complex that seems to spend a good part of its time trying to undermine the values of most Floridians?

3 Likes

Probably close to Zero.

I have read it would cost Disney close to a billion dollars to move and even then they couldn’t move some of the infrastructure.

As for wanting them there? If i lived there i would prefer them to move myself.

See: NAACP issues travel advisory for Florida, saying the state is ‘openly hostile toward African Americans’ under Gov. DeSantis’ administration

Instead of race-baiting, Al Sharpton, Crump and the NAACP ought to be outraged over the Biden Administration making public housing vouchers available to millions flooding across our border SOURCE, who now compete with American citizens for scarce public housing.

And, with regard to Florida’s Black citizens, they are doing just fine. See: Florida is No. 2 in number of Black-owned businesses.

“The Florida Scorecard website was also updated to track the number of women- and Hispanic-owned businesses in the state. Florida ranks No. 2 in those categories as well. The Chamber said in a news release that it will analyze data on those businesses in the coming months.”

And that is why the notoriously evil Democrat Leadership is stirring the pot with race-baiting nonsense.

JWK

It is more than despicable to see the Democrat Party Leadership filling scarce public housing with illegal entrant foreign nationals, when America’s needy Citizens, including U.S. Military Veterans, are going homeless.

2 Likes

Maybe a better question is…is it smart for DeSantis to go down this road?

…

Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.), who served as Florida’s governor from 2011 to 2019, says it’s time for “cooler heads to prevail,” noting Disney is a major employer that draws in huge numbers of tourists who boost the state economy.

Scott says the legislation DeSantis signed to prohibit classroom instruction about gender orientation to young children, which sparked the feud, “was a good bill,” but he stressed Disney’s importance to the state economy.

“This is the biggest or second-biggest employer in the state. Half the tourism that comes to our state comes to visit Disney. It’s a reason people come to our state. After they come there, people move there. So I think cooler heads need to prevail. My view is we have to do everything to help our businesses grow,” Scott said in an interview.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4012889-gop-senators-unsettled-by-desantiss-escalating-fight-with-disney/

From the same article…

Sen. Marco Rubio (R), who has represented Florida in the Senate since 2011, told Fox News last month it’s “problematic” if state actions toward an individual or business appear driven more by politics.

“I think where it gets problematic in the eyes of some people is when you start creating the idea — and I’m not saying we’re there yet as a state — but the idea that somehow if you run crossways with us politically, whoever’s in charge, then you may wind up in the crosshairs of the legislature for political purposes to make a statement at you,” he said.

Rubio told The Hill more recently the Florida Legislature “has a right every year to revisit” the special status Disney enjoys within its special district, which gives the company control over roads, utilities, zoning, building codes, fire service and waste collection.

But Rubio warned that “if it starts to be perceived that any corporate entity that’s operating directly or indirectly in furtherance of a political agenda that the powers that be don’t agree with, therefore we’re going to use the power of government to target you, you get concerned.”

“If a Democratic [governor] and a Democratic Legislature takes over Florida, they’re going to go after Chick-fil-A?” he asked.

“Let me be clear – failing to teach an accurate representation of the horrors and inequalities that Black Americans have faced and continue to face is a disservice to students and a dereliction of duty to all,” NAACP President and CEO Derrick Johnson said.”

Yes. Al not-so-Sharpton and Derrick Johnson are still facing daily horrors and inequalities for being black. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Because of DeSantis’ policies?

If there are blockheads that stupid to believe this horse ■■■■ do us a favor, stay put in your dung heap. We don’t want you here.

3 Likes