Little Sisters of the Poor

Which doesn’t change the fact that funding IS NOT performing.

Oh boy.

“High school biology.” Alright, first of all, high school biology does not go into enough depth in regards to how a human being develops- the development of specific structures and their physiology/function. It also does not state at what period in time the specific structures develop. Secondly, wouldn’t you want the person who is performing abortions to have some sort of training in surgery/medicine? Or at least have some knowledge of embryology or Gynecology/Obstetrics?

If it does not implant, it cannot progress much farther. It has the potential, but not the resources. If it does implant, then it becomes an embryo and starts developing even more rapidly.

What about the pony? Would you be willing to pay for the surgery to remove the metal rods from my legs?

You can also get free or reduced cost/prorated BC through PP, Community Clinics and a host of other organizations.

Mandating that Nuns have to pay for BC or abortificiants is insane.

2 Likes

Being insulted by someone like that is a compliment. Wear it as a badge of honor FH.

4 Likes

If you saw a child who had so much potential- they were smart and perhaps mature for their age-, but they were not wanted or they were in an adverse living situation, would you offer to adopt them?

One way I look at it is that an embryo, or especially, a fetus, has the potential to become much more complex and sentient. I don’t think it is right to interrupt that process. Yes, they will dependent upon their mom for just about everything, but they will eventually- usually- grow out of it.

Another way of looking at it is that everyone has a place on Earth.
Then there’s strictly looking at the science behind it all: once it becomes an embryo, then it develops rapidly. The major regions of the brain are developed at four weeks- four. Why should someone end that process?

Theoretically and philosophically, Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, was quite racist. It isn’t much of a stretch to come to the conclusion that she wanted to commit eugenics, in the womb.

And for pregnant women who are suffering, there are pregnancy resource centers. They can hook them up with a family who will look after their health, check up on their wellbeing, and adopt the baby. There is so much more choices that women have than just abortion, and it sickens me when that is the first choice that someone recommends. No. Let them do their research, offer them more resources, and then see if they still want to do abortion.

College and healthcare, no problem.

This does not change the fact that birth control is NOT abortion.

1 Like

I agree. I never said it was. I don’t think it should be the other way around, however. Abortion should not be birth control.

But you don’t get to make that decision unless YOUR the one pregnant.

Abortion isn’t supposed to be used as birth control. Repeated abortions can cause uterine lacerations, cause hormonal imbalances, affect fertility, and sometimes, in rare cases, death. Not to mention they are more expensive than Plan B- Mifiprisotone and Misoprostol cost around $250. Plan B is about $15-$30. It doesn’t make any sense financially, either.

1 Like

I agree, But again you don’t get to make that decision unless YOUR the one pregnant.

*You’re

Why would someone get something more expensive? Unless they are super irresponsible.

I agree, But again you don’t get to make that decision unless YOU’RE the one pregnant.

1 Like

So the morning after pill is now being called birth control? I haven’t been keeping up with the debate.

Yes it does.

Yes. It is emergency contraception. It works up until 72 hours after conception.

That’s the whole point from all too many from the left.

They want to force the religious to violate their religious beliefs whether they like it or not.

1 Like

Prove its religious.