Link to mueller report

I have no reason to disbelieve Barr. But I have little doubt that clarification of this will be asked at a hearing. Amazing that Mueller, the great legal genius, could author a report of over 400 pages and still leave this as ambiguous.

I dont. He completely has mischaracterized the Mueller report for political purposes.

He is being an attorney for the President, not the Attorney General for the American people.

1 Like

Yeah…its bad for trump…

It’s really not that ambiguous. Mueller was working under guidelines put in place by the Department of Justice which he believes prevent a sitting president from being indicted. As the President cannot be indicted, it is therefore not really sensible to accuse him directly of crimes which he will not be able to defend himself against at a trial. He therefore repeatedly hinted that Congress should be the entity that determines the next step in this process.

Of course, we know there will likely not be a next step thanks to Republican intransigence and the fact that Democratic leadership is mostly toothless and jaded, valuing what they believe to be the perception of the Beltway media more than they do right and wrong.

2 Likes

Of course the legal theory was discussed. What you absolutely do not see is a statement of criminal activity “which, except for the prohibition of indicting a sitting President, would have been brought”.

But actually, Mueller does make his conclusion clear: "Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime,…"

It is not ambiguous. Mueller says in the report that they did not conclude that Trump committed a crime.

End of discussion.

He would not say that if he concluded that Trump committed a crime but could not be charged at the current time.

Thats not what it said. This isnt even worth debating with you…if you cant be honest about what the report says then you cant be trusted in good faith

3 Likes

Beauty way you cherry picked only part of the sentence with your elipses.

…it also does not exonerate him.

Too hard to type the whole sentence??

1 Like

It is over they will get in awhile, the media will milk it for however long they can after 2 and 1/2 years of Trump super ninja KGB agent its hard to let it go.

What I don’t want to see happen but I am afraid will is the Trump admin will start launching investigations themselves.

Anyone care to take a wild guess who wrote to Dimitriev that “Putin has won” on Nov. 9th 2:40 AM?

https://twitter.com/juliadavisnews/status/1118916193853890561?s=21

2 Likes

That is exactly a direct quote. “Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him”.

Why is it hard for you to tell the truth?

I am going with Obama!

1 Like

When Qanon dip ■■■■■ are on meltdown mode, it means today was a good day.

2 Likes

Ah thats not all it says now is it…so this is what you are going to do now?

What does the second part mean doug? Go on tell the class what not exonerate mean…

The report was never going to conclude that the President committed a crime because the entire investigation was based around the concept that a sitting President can’t be indicted, and therefore it would be inappropriate to accuse them of a crime. That doesn’t mean that the President didn’t engage in criminal activity.

1 Like

Funny coming from a guy who just left the same 6 words out of a response to me…as if the report concludes the the report does not conclude that the President committed a crime. End of sentence.

You are talking honesty when you purposefully left out the second part yourself.

You could have at least used … if you were going to edit a quote to remove a critical part.

I stated that Mueller did not conclude that Trump committed a crime. That is what he said. Thus the whole issue of not indicting a sitting President is not relevant, just as Barr explained Mueller told him.

Did not exonerate him? That would mean that Mueller didn’t find proof that Trump did not commit a crime…and we all know how that would leave the burden of proof.
How could he ever prove someone didn’t commit any crimes?

I’m surprised this massive liar hasn’t resigned.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/calls-grow-sarah-sanders-resign-mueller-exposed-blatant-lies/

It was could not exonerate him. Meaning while the did not find Trump committed a crime. They also could not exonerate him.

The report says even if indictments were sealed they would still hinder the presidency. Moeller chose not to do that.