Libs have now become total authoritarian snow flakes

California wants to impose fines and jail time for disrupting, speaking out or anything that causes mental suffering to school board, teachers or anyone that is associated with school.

Seriously…if you’re unable to take any criticism maybe you don’t belong near kids…or anyone else for that matter.

14 Likes

No way it survives a court challenge

3 Likes

unbelievable

thats the left for ya. they run to mommy govt whenever anyone challenges their abject idiocy.

7 Likes

It’s California

Well luckily for those parents… they won’t be charged with a misdemeanor.

I have a family full of teachers… I’m always happy when they are protected from harassment.

From accountability

4 Likes

The public school system is becoming a bigger and bigger joke. Needs to be abolished, all states should go to a voucher system and let the parents have different choices in how they want their children educated and prepared for the labor market.

2 Likes

Says harassment in the proposed bill.

You can hold someone accountable without harassing them.

Disagreement to a lib is harassment.

11 Likes

By that definition?

Here’s the bill

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=202320240SB596

1 Like

Sure.

Parents aren’t banned from criticizing a school/teacher/school admin. Just don’t harass. It’s not hard.

I bet Florida and Texas have similar laws

No, when you disagree with the school board and cops run your plates, stand guard at the meetings, arrest you for daring to complain your daughter was raped and the school did nothing… that’s what we call harassment and it is.

Learn the difference.

7 Likes

“(2) “Harassment” means unlawful violence, a credible threat of violence, or a knowing and willful course of conduct directed at a specific person that seriously alarms, annoys, or harasses torments, or terrorizes the person, and that serves no legitimate purpose. The course of conduct must be that which would cause a reasonable person to suffer substantial emotional distress, and must actually cause substantial emotional distress to the person.“

Do you have an issue with that definition?

Isnt harassment already against the law?

5 Likes

The same thing would happen with that parent in a courtroom. Nobody is saying a parent can’t be upset or lob complaints. Just don’t threaten or harass.

Why is this hard for conservatives to grasp?

Isnt it already against the law to threaten someone?

3 Likes

Maybe.

Extra protection for our school officials. I like it.

Yes, yes I do.

1 Like

Why, are they special?

2 Likes