Lets talk who WILL and SHOULD be Trump's next Supreme Court pick

Agreed. …

And undoubtedly it will be all about himself.

“Am I not bigly? Am I not just the bigliest? Oh yeah, and here’s a SC nominee. That I selected from my very good brain, without help from anybody, because I am in fact my own best advisor. You may now applaud like trained seals while I smirk.”

For the reasons you listed. “Hyper social.conservative” as she’s been portrayed in the media. Yet she’s not really any more so than the men from what I’ve heard.

Plus she’s been demagogued by people such as Feinstein even though no religious tests are supposed to be used.

Yep exactly. Hes going to boast, even if the nominee is Garland. Trump being Trump.

It it is indeed overturned, people are ready.

Only a limited number of States will enact total bans. Abortion will remain legal in the rest. And in some States like Florida, the legislature will be blocked by the STATE constitution from enacting an abortion ban.

Because abortion will remain legal in a majority of States, it will be possible to build a transportation network to get women to the nearest out of state abortion clinic.

Florida would serve as an abortion haven for much of the deep south. California, Oregon, Washington State and Nevada would do so for the west. Virginia would also fulfill the role for the south. New Mexico would do so for the western portions of Texas.

Planning is in place for that eventuality, in the unlikely event it comes.

She belongs to an interesting faith group (People of Praise), and my natural suspicion of organized religion leaves me wondering if she would legislate in such a way that her religious beliefs would too often trump the Constitutional rights of others. Of course there’s no way of really knowing unless she is seated, I only bring it up as a personal opinion for why the other three nominees are slightly more appealing.

I think it’s more important to keep trying to change hearts and minds than pushing for Roe to be overturned which doesn’t accomplish much at all.

If a woman lives in Fargo ND with an abortion ban and next door Minnesota doesn’t, it’s just a short trip to Minneapolis.

I’m glad more and more people are trending towards pro life views, it’s almost a 50/50 split, with large majorities supporting late term abortion bans.

We could pass a law banning the sale of abortions across state lines.

One of the things that’s concerning me is religious right starting to speak out.

You mean SSM and Roe being overturned? Don’t happen.

Won’t happen.

I don’t want goverment taking sides on morality.

It has to remain neutral. It’s what caused 95 percent of our social ills when they involved.

Agreed. Convince others that a spiritual belief is the right one through intellectual/emotional appeal, and through personal example. When they seek the power of secular law to enforce it, my knee jerk response is to rebel.

1 Like

What’s concerning about it for you?

No snark, I’m genuinely curious.

Ah nvm, I read your response to Joanne.

I just think overturning SSM would cause way, way more problems than it would solve.

As long as no one forces my pastor to do a SSM.ceremony I can live with the rest.

As Johnrocks and I were talking about years ago…the unintended consequences is always worst then the fix.

So they attempt to fix their mistake only create more unintended consequences…and more goverment involvement.

Yeah could be. I do find it funny though that many on the left call Roe “settled law” but want Citizens United overturned. At least be consistent.

They can’t. Their political agenda is to impose themselves on us using goverment to do it.

And this ■■■■ needs to stop…now.

Wouldn’t work. :slight_smile:

Women must actually reach the abortion clinic and get an exam before they can ask the physician for an abortion. The actually transaction occurs entirely in state.