I want to know who Trump should pick, and who will be the next Supreme Court Justice nominee.
According to the news reports, the top contenders are Brett Kavanugh, Raymond Kethledge, and Amy Coney Barrett
Kavanugh appears to be the favorite according to various sources.
- 53 years old
- Yale graduate (Both BA and JD; cum laude)
- Appointed by George W. Bush in 2003 for U.S Court of Appeals for District of Columbia Circuit. He’s held the post since 2006.
- Notably worked for both Ken Starr and Anthony Kennedy.
- 51 years old
- Michigan graduate (Both BA and JD; magna cum laude, 2nd in his class)
- Law school professor at Michigan
- Judge for U.S Court of Appeals for the sixth circuit. He’s held the post since 2008.
- Worked for Anthony Kennedy.
- 46 years old
- BA from Rhode Island college (magna cum laude), and JD from Notre Dame.
- Law school professor at Notre Dame
- Member of the Federalist Society, a highly influential group which lobbied for Gorsuch.
- Been a U.S Circuit Court judge for the seventh circuit since 2017.
All three passes my eye test. I will be very happy to see any of those justices on our court. Personally I am rooting for Barrett, but I think Kavanugh will get the nod.
What about you? Who should Trump pick? Who will Trump pick?