Lets talk who WILL and SHOULD be Trump's next Supreme Court pick

Thanks for reminding me of Trump’s sister.

It was a real HOOT to hear so many claim before the election that Trump would put her on the SCOTUS.

M

That’s my guy.

Because I was having a brain cramp…:sunglasses:

1 Like

Durn, those are actually decent questions, despite the bi-polar, passive-aggressive manner in which they were asked.

She didn’t say “heart”, she said “heartland”. Means the midwest. The central part of the country.

Actually, he is running for office. Thank the 17th Amendment again.

I read that Trump wants someone from Harvard or Yale. Probably has something with his obsession with what he perceives as “the best.”

Probably. It seems to be a common theme in DC.

1 Like

Meh. If I understand your argument, the same occurs without the 17th - just with one more layer of abstraction.

Ok, if you say so.

Well said Marky. They are all very qualified, it’s other factors that make them interesting or not so interesting. You obviously understood where I was coming from.

A true populist would think outside the box and pick someooe who was NOT from either of those two places.

I would pick Amy Coney Barrett head and shoulders above the rest of that short list. :+1:

1 Like

I want someone that can relate with the people…the decision most often effect them.

That’s my two cents worth and I’m sticking with it.

Which is why some of us are really rooting for Kethledge if Trump is picking a man.

With all the anti Christian hate and bigotry that was directed her way Trump may have decided to save her for another possible vacancy and a gamble Rs will increase their Senate advantage next year.

Obviously nothing more than a guess on my part. Amazing though that many on the left who claim to be so much for women’s rights trash and demean conservative women especially if they are Christians. Didn’t hear any hate directed towards the men.

Anyway Kethledge is described as Gorsuch 2.0 with a compelling personal story so he’d be a great choice.

1 Like

That is amazing isn’t it?! I think they get mad at those women who don’t toe the line on abortion.

As for Kethledge I thought I heard someone in here describe him as libertarian in which case I would absolutely oppose him.

Libertarians are usually social liberals which would mean we would probably have another Kennedy. Ugh.

1 Like

No more women.

What’s your reason for that?

I don’t think you need to be concerned about Kethledge when it comes to pro life views. I’m fairly certain he’s solid on that from what I’ve read, as well as Kavanaugh.

And yes it’s shameful the way the left attack the women over abortion. Gorsuch also is strongly pro life and I don’t recall such shreaking hysteria although in his case gorsuch was not going to affect the balance of the court.

Schumer very stupidly filibustered Gorsuch anyway for purely partisan reasons and it backfired. Cocaine Mitch nuked the filibuster and D’s have no power to stop the next nominee as long as every R supports him or her.

If Schumer had let Gorsuch through on a straight up or down vote we’d still have the filibuster and it’s very unlikely every R would nuke it now. Plus we have one less senator on the R side.

1 Like

I hope you are right concerning Kethledge although I hope Barrett is the pick and he doesn’t come into play.

Some good points in your post though.

Oh I’d love it to be Barrett. She’s been my first choice, however I doubt it will be Her, which is why I’m hopeful for Kethledge.

I will be thrilled if it is her though. Just don’t know if every R will support her, and there is no room for error.