Let's Talk About Changes to Policing

I just watched another one queer for hands in pockets. There needs to be a law against them being able to do that.

Okay I dis-concur with a lot of things here (on this thread), but here’s a place I think we can agree.

The town of Prosper Texas, (population 38,000) should not have bought this vehicle. ($689,000)

6 Likes

Boy them tires look like they cost more than my Civic.

3 Likes

What a complete waste of money. Is this real?

1 Like

I’m trying to think of a situation, any situation, where this vehicle would be advantageous to use.

Sure seems that way.

Lots of pop-ups at this one:

1 Like

My favoritest part

The vehicle, valued at $689,000, was not paid for by the town or tax dollars. It was acquired through the Federal 1033 program run by the US Department of Defense’s Law Enforcement Support Office.

But the police sure aren’t militarized! :joy:. (You didn’t say they were. That was a dig at them not you :blush:)

5 Likes

Demolition derby

2 Likes

Initial cost may have been zero but I bet insurance and maintenance is not zero.

Its completely ridiculous that any police dept needs this.

Not sure how this vehicle would help with an active shooter situation (which was one of their examples why it was needed).

It can be used in a Christmas movie

IMG_7317

3 Likes

Ah yes because American gangbangers named Tyrone are very well known for planting IEDs at intersections.

2 Likes

Frankly providing their high speed chase units with 911 Turbos would be less wasteful. At least then they could catch dudes in hellcats.

Like what’s wrong with the Mercedes Sprinter Tactical? The Germans have been using them since the Red Army Faction was a thing in the 70s and they do the job perfectly. And unlike American gangbangers the Red Army Faction were pretty good bomb makers and also got their hands on second hand Soviet RPGs pretty frequently.

On a high-speed pursuit of fleeing back country felons. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Daryl Gates

1 Like

The state and federal agencies should be more proactive in enforcing and policing their state and federal laws

Freeing the local law enforcement to concentrate on their “community policing” and public relations.

“People commit crimes because they are people - because they are innately selfish and do not care how their behavior affects other”
Thomas Sowell

Simple. Wait for them to bust a spindle or an axle.

4 Likes

Guess marinda rights are obsolete or no longer applicable.

I had always said if it was about safety cops on traffic patrol would be very visible and not hiding. The radar would be on constant to slow anyone down with radar detector.

1 Like

Who? The off-road renegades, or the cops? :wink: