Let's make Nancy the first impeached House Speaker in US history

Take a vote, and see how many in this thread agree to impeach him then. Impeached of what?

Obstruction of the forum?

Hey, we can impeach for anything we want. It doesn’t have to be a crime.

1 Like

Impeachment is not a word that only applies to politicians. I can impeach someone. It is to accuse them of some crime.

im¡peach

(ĭm-pēch′)

tr.v. im¡peached , im¡peach¡ing , im¡peach¡es

a. To make an accusation against: impeach someone of a crime.

b. To bring formal charges against (a public official) for wrongdoing while in office.

2. To raise doubts about; discredit or disparage: impeach a witness’s credibility; impeach someone’s character.

[Middle English empechen, to impede, accuse , from Anglo-Norman empecher, from Late Latin impedicāre, to entangle : Latin in-, in ; see in- 2 + Latin pedica, fetter ; see ped- in Indo-European roots.]

My point being that any group of us could impeach any politician, and that impeachment would have as much weight, in reality, as the latest Democrat partisan impeachment of Trump.

1 Like

Trump* has been impeached. One of only three in the history of this country.

But only the first Republican.

I know that. You offered this history lesson for what exactly??

Pelosi is much more knowledgeable about the Constitution than Trump. Trump incorrectly thinks that Article 2 gives him the right to do anything he wants as President, including going around Congress to use the power of the purse.

[quote=“RoyalBlue, post:88, topic:224131”]
Trump* has been impeached
[/quote] • Asterisk

You think members of this forum have the power to impeach? Truly?

Yeah, I’m sure Paul actually thinks that.

To educate you.

1 Like

Andrew Johnson was ultimately vindicated.

In Myers v United States, the Congress found provisions of an act restricting the President from freely firing a local Postmaster to be unconstitutional. In that decision, the Supreme Court took the opportunity to note that the Tenure of Office Act of 1867 was explicitly unconstitutional for the same reason as the Act they were ruling on at the time. Thus, Andrew Johnson was posthumously and completely vindicated.

If there ever was a blatant abuse of the impeachment power, it was against Andrew Johnson. The Radical Republicans wanted Johnson out of the way and they wanted one of their own in the Presidency. Had Johnson been removed, President Pro Tempore of the Senate Benjamin Wade, a Radical Republican, would have become President.

Thankfully, 7 courageous Republican Senators defied their own party and Johnson survived by a single vote.

The Johnson impeachment was nothing short of an attempted coup by the Radical Republicans.

The Clinton and Trump impeachments, while clearly politically tinged, do not rise to anywhere near that level, particularly given that their replacements would have been politically similar. And both impeachments had at least a plausible basis in a “high crime and misdemeanor” while in President Johnson’s case, as indicated by history, Johnson was completely in the right and guilty of absolutely nothing at all.

Another interesting side note. Benjamin Wade should have recused himself from voting, since he had a conflict of interest in that he would have become the President. He refused to do so and voted guilty.

3 Likes

You can’t educate me on something I already know. Try again.

Again, where does the Constitution say members of this forum can’t impeach a House member?

Let me add to the list of those who ought to be impeached:

Messrs Nunes, Gaetz and Jordan.

Who cares.
The house gets to make up what ever rules they want.
Than the voters can make up what ever rules they want.
I say lets put Nancy’s impeachment on the ballot in every state.
Let the voters decide.
Great way to bring out the voters if you ask me.
We will give her a month to make her case.
Than have a special election in every state.

So what.
You all defended Obama for going around Congress and writing his own laws.
Seems Obama did not have much knowledge about the Constitution after all his schooling. What a waste of money

The rules were the ones the GOP made up. I presume you would be advocating one count across the whole of the USA?

Devin Nunes*, Matt Gaetz*, Jim Jordan*.

See how easy that was, using Democrat impeachment magic.

1 Like

I only support one political party: the Australian Labor Party.